Change of address and PCN £30 became £407 newlyn clamped car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is by way of a warning to all.

I got a parking ticket from my local authority and did not dispute it.

I had gone to the bank and we got locked in because of some systems failure and I ended up with a parking ticket.

I did not dispute and sent in a cheque for the fine.

In the meantime I moved house.

I got Charge Certificate notification 3 months after I moved

( my old neighbor was kind enough to do some redirecting of mail as an when because Royal mail was charging £180 to redirect mail for my household. We thought we had notified everyone that needed to be informed).

I immediately phoned up LA parking services to inform them that I had sent in a cheque to pay fine as I had never disputed.

I was asked to email with the information which I did along with informing them of my new address and asking to pay at discounted rate and notifying of my new address.

Fast forward another 3 months and 'enforcement officer' from Newlyn at my door, clamping my car and demanding £407.

I am unemployed and have been since May.

Hubby paid despite me saying let him take the car.

Eventually got through to the council who said phone court and file late witness statement.

Enforcement letter from Newlyn arrived 24 hours after enforcement action.

Court denied application despite evidence of move from DVLA and evidence that LA had been writing to the wrong address despite evidence of notification of change of address before any enforcement action was required without reference to me and if I want a re-evaluation of decision, I need to pay more money.

The Courts and the local authorities are making money of you if you have the temerity to move house.

They claim that their system only checks addresses once and they have no responsibility to ensure that they are directing their communications to the right place.

Be careful people, you can only get justice if you have money.

I am going to write to my local councilor and see what happens

but surely, this should not happen?

Even if they only check with once DVLA, I wrote to give them my new address. Be careful people.

:lol:

Hi all,

I immediately phoned up LA parking services to inform them that I had sent in a cheque to pay fine as I had never disputed.

I was asked to email with the information which I did along with informing them of my new address and asking to pay at discounted rate and notifying of my new address.

You have said above that after sending the cheque that you contacted the council and they asked asked you to email them with details of your new address. You also asked whether you could pay at the discounted rate.

Can you post back to let us know what reply you received from the council?

No assistance whatsoever beyond asking me to contact the court. Council refused to entertain my complaint despite sending evidence of change address with DVLA. It is also my local authority and they have evidence of change of address based on council tax records. The refrain was ' we wrote to you and you did not respond' doh, you were writing to the wrong address.

:lol:

No assistance whatsoever beyond asking me to contact the court. Council refused to entertain my complaint despite sending evidence of change address with DVLA. It is also my local authority and they have evidence of change of address based on council tax records. The refrain was ' we wrote to you and you did not respond' doh, you were writing to the wrong address.

What I was trying to ascertain was whether the local authority acknowledged your email and responded to it. In particular, in regards to you advising them that you had moved address.