ESA and Alcohol dependency

Jan123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, it is possible to be found not fit for work if the condition involved is alcohol dependency. What is important is that the claimant meets the descriptors for physical or mental health issues - the fact that he has alcohol issues does not disqualify him.

If he has already failed his assessment and believes the result to be wrong, he should make a request for Mandatory Reconsideration with a view to an eventual appeal.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Guest Miss Anxious

I am not an expert but I think it would help if he is seeking help from an alcohol help clinic, like ADDACTION, SMART, and DAAT, and has a counsellor who can support his claim. To show he is trying to do something about his condition.

I agree with Antone that he needs to meet some descriptors, alcohol usually comes under mental health. As far as I am aware, there is a question about losing consciousness...this could be an alcohol blackout?

Just a thought......

He is engaged with an alcohol service but worker has refused to help him regarding benefit as he has refused detox. He has tried it twice and found it was no good. Thanks though for your reply I will take it to tribunal and hope for a good outcome.