Carpet fitting and payment.

Consumer dude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having two rooms fitted with carpet on two separate days, the first fitting day has been confirmed. There payment dept has since left a message on the answer machine saying the full payment in total needs to be paid before the first fitting even though there are two separate fitting days. I have paid half of the total amount which seems reasonable, can I pay the rest after the first fitting but before the second ?..

As its all one order ...no..unless its two separate orders ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I took it as two separate orders hence the two separate fitting dates..

Did they ask for two payments ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Pay the balance and get your carpets fitted...if for what ever reason you suspect that the work is going to be inadequate...why did you give them your business in the first place and not choose a reputable carpet supplier and fitter?

Pay the balance and get your carpets fitted...if for what ever reason you suspect that the work is going to be inadequate...why did you give them your business in the first place and not choose a reputable carpet supplier and fitter?

What does reputable mean any more ?, the company is quite well know but have only started doing carpets..

• 3 weeks later...

Have paid for two rooms to be fitted with carpets, one has been done but other has been delayed as the fitter was taken to hospital (according to company) and as much as this is unfortunate, surly the company needs to get this sorted. Who is, if any one is responsible for any delay ?..

Who supplied the carpets and fitter.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Threads merged...please keep to one thread per issue.

Andy

Have paid for two rooms to be fitted with carpets, one has been done but other has been delayed as the fitter was taken to hospital (according to company) and as much as this is unfortunate, surly the company needs to get this sorted. Who is, if any one is responsible for any delay ?..

The problem arose because I dealt with the carpet fitter directly in arranging time and date, when I phoned the company directly as carpet fitter wasn't responding to texts, I was then informed he had been rushed to hospital. Carpet had to be reordered as original carpet was in carpet fitters lock up. What a stressful situation.