Lowell Solicitors - Notice of Acting - JD Williams

Martyn1984
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2803 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening,

Well it hasn't taken them long to issue the Letter of Claim which arrived today.

ive got until 10/10/16 to respond to them or they'll take me to court.

where do I go from here, I really can't have a ccj on my file with wanting to apply for a mortgage early next year.

should I

a: send them a CCA request? Does this stops them taking me to court until the documents are provided, is this correct?

b: tell them it's statute barred and that as a gesture of goodwill I could pay 10%? Or is this just acknowledging the debt and a stupid idea?

how do I defend a claim, I've got no idea what I would write.

also could you tell me, if I did go to court and lost, if I paid the balance within 30 days does the ccj not get added to your credit file therefore it would not show on future credit applications? Not that I have that sort of money spare at the same time!

many thanks from a very stressed me.

Martyn

If I send a CCA request do I also send them a statute barred letter at the same time?

thanks

Good evening,

Well it hasn't taken them long to issue the Letter of Claim which arrived today.

ive got until 10/10/16 to respond to them or they'll take me to court. - no read it properly it doesn't say WILL anything.

where do I go from here, I really can't have a ccj on my file with wanting to apply for a mortgage early next year.- its SB'd they cant get a CCJ if they were to issue a claimform as long as you defend it with the SB defence.

should I

a: send them a CCA request? Does this stops them taking me to court until the documents are provided, is this correct? - no makes no diff

b: tell them it's statute barred and that as a gesture of goodwill I could pay 10%? Or is this just acknowledging the debt and a stupid idea? - you can ack a debt thats SB'd, once SB'd not even a judge can unbar it. if you want to waste money on them be a mug, but i'd rather give it to charity

how do I defend a claim, I've got no idea what I would write. - already answered

also could you tell me, if I did go to court and lost, if I paid the balance within 30 days does the ccj not get added to your credit file therefore it would not show on future credit applications? Not that I have that sort of money spare at the same time! - correct but its SB'd - the claimant cant enforce a CCJ on an SB'd debt, so they dont bother once defended

many thanks from a very stressed me.

Martyn

If I send a CCA request do I also send them a statute barred letter at the same time? - why send either...you certainly cant or more correctly, its pointless asking for a signed agreement on a debt thats SB'd...trumps everything.

thanks

a DCAlink3.gif are NOT BAILIFFS

and have no legal powers whatsoever

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...