Robinson Way and Old BC Debt

magic_fish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have seen some inspiring things on this forum and thought I would try my current situation on you guys and gals...

In the long long ago (1998) I took out a Barclaycard and after a mishap in my finances I ended up defaulting and this was about 5.5 years ago.

Recently I got a 'we'll be taking you to court if you don't call' letter (addressed from HC & Co 'Solicitors')

I called up and said I would be writing to them and to hold off on any action for now, they agreed to wait a few weeks.

I looked up my credit report on Noddle and have discovered the debt they are referring to has been marked Satisfied on my file - so in my letter I have asked them if they can show I am liable for this debt.

Anything I have done wrong as yet? :)

MF

the OC 's entry will show settled

if its been sold on.

you should have sent a CCA request.

1998 agreement....no chance of them having that!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Magic and welcome to CAG

You need to stay off the phone completely.

Regardless of when the a/c was defaulted by BC, do you know when you last paid anything towards the alleged debt.

What exactly did you say to Howard Cohen when you wrote to them. You should be aware that any acknowledgement of the debt in writing can re-set the 6 year Statute Barred clock.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Ref: ########

Date as postmark

Without Prejudice

I write regarding the above account.

I note the debt is attributed to a Barclaycard debt,

which on my credit report as viewed through the service provided by Noddle shows the debt as satisfied:

If you could provide to me some documentation to show that I am still somehow liable for this debt I would be most grateful.

Yours faithfully,

MF

There has been no acknowledgement or payments to the account - the balance has been the same for the last 5.5 years....

Ok, let us know when they reply and stay OFF the phone.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I would send a CCA request to Robbers Way.

Come straight back if receive a response or a claimform

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Ok - keep us posted as nec'y.

You may get regular update letters from RW saying they are still looking into it, bottom line now is they cant go any further until they have the original credit agreement from BC and default notice and letter of assignment.

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.