harlands group - admin charges of £20

elenaverdi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Just a quick question.

My partner is signed up for local authority gym on an annual contract .

This month his wage was paid a little later than usual and he missed DD - but then when money came in this DD was taken fine.

However all of a sudden we received a letter that they will be taking a £20 admin charge as well?

I called them and sad its illegal and they cant justify such a charge however they said its part of the contract and thats it!

I am about to write complaint to their customer services ? is there any other suggestions on what I can do as I am sure its unreasonable charge

thank you

Its unlawful under FCA guidelines as its a penalty

Not illegal

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Elen,

If you leave the DD mandate live, I expect Harlands WILL take the admin fee they say is due. But if you cancel the DD mandate before they do, they have a better argument that YOU breached your gym agreement.

My advice is to leave the DD mandate live for now and, if Harlands take the £20 admin as well as the gym fee, tell your bank to refund it under the DD Guarantee Scheme.

You can then wait for Harlands to write to you complaining that the DD's been cancelled. You'll simply reply to them saying you hold them in breach of your gym agreement due to them applying unlawful penalty fees contrary to common law.

So I suggest you do nothing except make best use of the gym before you cancel the DD mandate :wink:

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)