Caravan Purchase

mhbw3043
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

make sure that if a repair is done you also have the repair independently inspected

father in law got stung in a way by this, he accepted the dealers damp report

few years later its leaked at the front, fortunatly we're both fairly hands on and took it apart ourselves. We found that it had leaked in the past but rather than open it up and sort the issue someone had simply re-sealed the top rail so more damp couldn't get in- hence all the wood had gradually disintegrated

i dread to think what a dealer would have charged for it all but in the end we rebuilt all the woodwork front and back for around £180 worth of wood and another £30 of sealant or so

was about a week and a half solid work however

don't just accept their word its been sorted - have it checked properly

• Confused 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Be warned however I have access to a near entire woodwork shop.

Alot of the window woodwork on the front is shaped and very tricky to recreate.

I'm on the phone at the moment so can't add pictures but will try later

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

I would suggest getting quotes and going small claims

That sold as spare or repairs only would hold water if it was sold well below average value

As for trade sales if your not a business he has no hope of that holding either

Only issue is if he's that shifty he might do a fly by night - does he have a website?

Please note:

• 2 months later...

sorry promised pictures of the repair - which has actually failed due to a mm gap on one of the seals - since resealed

this is the front of the caravan with the front off - to take the front off you have to unscrew the awning rails, de-rivet the front trim, remove the hatch, remove all the windows - only then will you see the size of the work

YvoGYTpLIkSfwlUUTc90bs8-g-RIgzCFavbMHdZk4oTb7FBIo_a3mZMCs351BLrK1gp9qLxLoVdV4WlQ0perIg-ptR0cufBNDXcIJDXhrTgOOZjz6LIAWzBzmPDMDVJseBUcCO4MJYdHOvr5PMtTKAJEJ2t_Q1BhHXkp7PA66F8SouPa1i_Z35nG9r9SRYoI2JnHSgfvVLkX1vSd23Vel2TgO8byv5wYPMgAdb3xzx076ORIa1UllHWsiXWL91uG5y1QwskP43x-0fhsGzoO5_7NYJA2WQFjLDRYPk6MWccl5wTd80SI4QmcTmWGSfm4HQ_KL0z5Fr63ncQ7IzA0p0OwIJHw13SO6tWZ_usN2RWZwUXcnmQMXk3VxViArAwudLUT9_eAcsPRAqQbjiNkspuO7NWcCwYEiGYbcFd7-NERHk45_AMolHt59joGxbUc58pUl6Nx0uvIHC2ac3y1F9ThzH6Pe5q9sL4vUuUgIwd56-2Hfa9E0_BX8qclmmm7MNiOsu6HADyMOBl4W4_Fl-x38lzEzFbNW8p0pcRuVhrvSJ5pYKFUuCCJJaLuKCgzK-_PD-sQZYczeAA8Tk19HGjtuFyjHmVglJZk3LBBKLxju8ETCVfi=w447-h794-no

Please note: