cancelling lloyds insurance CPA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wish that they would do something about companies like Lloyds that set up a Continous Debit Authority automatically on your card when you take out insurance with them. To cancel you have to phone a premium line at 10p a minute! :evil:

no you don't.

you phone Lloyds 0800 number and ask to be transferred thru.

it should cost nothing to cancel a CPA.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no you don't.

you phone Lloyds 0800 number and ask to be transferred thru.

it should cost nothing to cancel a CPA.

Thanks the number I have on the quote is 03300187294 which is a premium rate number. I have also advised my bank to cancel any Continous Debit Authorities on my card however not sure if they can do anything. The concern here is that next year we may go with a different insurer before we go away on holiday and then while on holiday Lloyds debit my account. You then have the hassle and retrieving the money from Lloyds. Either way you should be given the choice whether you want a CDA on your card and it should not be automatic.

you don't phone the ins line

you phone pers banking to cancel a debit card CPA

there Is no such thing as Continous Debit Authorities

you mean continuous payment authority

0345 300 0000.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you don't phone the ins line

you phone pers banking to cancel a debit card CPA

there Is no such thing as Continous Debit Authorities

you mean continuous payment authority

0345 300 0000.

I copied the phrase direct from the Lloyds website.

Thanks for the help.

Hopefully the bank will cancel it as it is on a debit card.

Quite a con for the unwary which I was till I realised.

SAGA did the same to me last year and I was totally unaware of the CPA on my card until I was advsied that they woudl be debiting my card for the renewal amount. Luckily I manage to stop it in time.

If they set up a continuous authority they have to tell you about it or they cannot use it. I believe this is a requirement of the Banks transaction services they use. It might also be covered by the FCA Handbook under their general terms e.g communication, fair dealing.

I don't think Insurers should be having a default position of a continuous payment authority, where a debit or credit card is used. If they have such a default position they should tell customers and be able to switch this off, if a customer refuses to allow this.

Make a complaint in writing. This is not acceptable if you were never told about it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If they set up a continuous authority they have to tell you about it or they cannot use it. I believe this is a requirement of the Banks transaction services they use. It might also be covered by the FCA Handbook under their general terms e.g communication, fair dealing.

I don't think Insurers should be having a default position of a continuous payment authority, where a debit or credit card is used. If they have such a default position they should tell customers and be able to switch this off, if a customer refuses to allow this.

Make a complaint in writing. This is not acceptable if you were never told about it.

I used a comparison site and the quote was acceptable to us and clicked on the link which then takes you to the Lloyds page. Thye then try and get you to buy a load of add ons which we did not need. Finally we made it to the payment page. On there it then tells you about the CPA that will be set up when you pay however no option to refuse the CPA which is annoying. So in a way I agreed to it thinking it would be easy to cancel, however not so easy as they only supply premium rate numbers. Either way as you say, no option to refuse the CPA and I am guessing it applies to all the other quotes.