Tesco Bank : Displaying Recoveries Dept on Envelope - legal?

cfs_too
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a strange question, and hope someone familiar with debt collection procedures / DPA 1998 are able to assist.

I am disabled, living with elderly parents. My father has never been in debt, and would absolutely freak out of he knew I still owed Tesco Bank a considerable amount of money.

I am in comms with them regarding token payment on debt, its been over 10 years of intermittent token payments, DCAs etc but recently I keep receiving letters from their recoveries department but with the fact it is the recoveries department clearly showing on the front of the envelope.

A few years ago I thought I read that DCA's etc needed to be more discreet when addressing people who owe money.

Luckily I have stopped my father seeing these envelopes but if he does see one my relationship with the family will suffer tremendously.

How can I ask Tesco Bank to be more respectful in there posting of Debt letters?

Are they breaking any Date Protection Issues by showing recoveries department on the letter?

Thanks

Me_too

TESCO PRINT.pdf

Hi

Am I right in thinking that what the image shows is the letter heading from inside the envelope rather than actually on the envelope itself?

I would still complain to Tesco although it may be that th wrong envelope may have been used. No excuse I know but it would explain it

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

Hi Silverfox,

Thanks for your prompt response, I got a little side tracked with a PIP Medical :!:

I did write to Tesco (Data Controller) got a response from Customer services, the response :

"Whilst I appreciate you are unhappy this information can be viewed, this would not be a breach of data protection".

Yes its the letter heading showing through the window.

This letter is the third or fourth time, each time the heading shows and the address is NEVER in the correct place.

I think they have major problems with the formatting of the letters, as the address is clearly printing in the wrong location and in conjunction with the 'folding machine' they are always in the wrong place, but never consistently in the same wrong place.

I am ex-IT programmer, so I know how easy it is to change the location of the address, however it appears it is not a problem to them.

Not sure what to do next, maybe a letter to ICO (for what thats worth).

Thanks

Me_too

Oh, and I forgot the best bit. I also sent a DSAR to Tesco.

I received 2 parcels, on 2 separate days, in 'Royal Mail we're sorry your item was damaged' clear bags.

The DSAR department placed approx. 100 sheets (each) into the thinest, poorest quality envelopes possible to put into the post.

Needless to say the envelopes tore due to the poor quality and all of my personal financial documents scattered from the envelopes.

Royal Mail kindly bundled them up, twice, and placed them into clear bags.

I don't think that was acceptable from a DSAR department either! :-x

yes i'd be complaining to the ICO and CC the CEO of tescos too.

its not right

and just because they cant get their machinery to work properly

it should not be causing you undue potential embarrassment or distress.

now onto the debt

you say this has been on going for 10yrs or more?

you've got the statements..

has it got any PPI or any other stupid insurances?

are there any reclaimable penalty charges [fees for letters/phonecalls/debt management etc?]

have you ever sent them a CCA request?

you appears to indicate its still with the OC [Tesco's]

so this has moved on from when it used to be run by RBS

and it now being done by Tesco bank themselves?

did they send you a notice of assignment?

that it was changing ownership?

tell us the history of the loan

how much

when taken out etc etc.

whos had their mits on it DCA wise

and when you informed them you were in difficulties

did you or they get all interest frozon and stop penalty charges?

lots you can do to hit back shall we say...

HTH

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...