CarPhoneWarehouse are they flouting the law?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

11 months ago today I bought a phone only from the above crowd and a month ago I thought my phone battery had given up the ghost. Left phone in local shop who ordered a new battery and then a new charger and both were then ruled out as my problem.

Was advised that my phone had a problem with charger port and that it should be fixed under its 2 yr warranty. Called into carphonejunkyard and was told there was nothing they would do and that I had to send phone back to manufacturer at my expense and time. I told them that on purchase of phone my contract was with them and not phone manufacturer and they state this is not so!?

My head is abut fried at the moment and I'm not sure if I'm thinking straight, please advise if I'm correct and they are trying to pull a fast one? Any advice on a course of action I might follow?

Regards as always😊

Thanks King12345, rang their Customer Service number and spoke with a very pleasant lady called Marie and she confirmed that they should have taken the phone and returned for repair and it is NOT up to me. She further confirmed that I was correct in that the contract is with carphonejunkyard and not phone manufacturer.

The bummer is I now have to make a 70mile round trip to return phone to a different store and no offer to pick phone up from my home nor return has been made. A repair order has been offered though.

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow up/on, I took the phone to another store some 50 miles away and they have emailed me saying that phone has been returned to manufacturer for repair.

Also, I was so annoyed that I went to a very useful website called 'ceoemail.com'. Found the name of the CEO of carphone warehouse and emailed him explaining what had happened and that I was surprised, that their company policy was not the same as the Consumer Rights Act 2015?

My case was immediately escalated and currently being pushed by head office. Will update when things advance further.

• 3 weeks later...

After emailing Jeremy Fennell the CEO of Carphone Warehouse directly, my complaint was escalated to a Mr Patel of the CEO Team who told me that my phone would be returned at the latest 25th Aug 2016 from repair and he apologised and assured me that their staff would be trained and made aware of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 blah, blah, blah!.

I would then be called by a member of his team once my phone was returned to confirm that I was happy with the repair and arrangements would be made for some compensation at this time. .......

.............? ........It's now Saturday the 3rd Sept and I am still without my phone and no attempts to contact me have been made.

I received a text on 18th Aug from 'KNOWHOW' saying "device has been sent to manufacturer designated repairer"

I'm guessing this is Carphone crowd but other than deduction there is nothing in message to confirm it is?

On the 11th Sept it will be a full calendar month since the phone was left in for repair, I was advised to expect it's return by 25th Aug at latest but, have been forced into buying a 2nd hand phone. I'm surprised that I have remained so calm thus far and think it's about time I call/email to express some disgust?

Any ideas what my next steps should be?

Thanks in advance as always. 😇

I'm abit confused!?

Just had a phone call from this crowd, missed call so attempted to call back but couldn't, it just said you were called by carphone plonkers. Spent the next hour calling customer service trying to establish who had called me & if my phone is back from repair now 3 days from a full calendar month that they have had my phone.

The customer service told me that Mr Patel had attempted to call and he would let him know I called back. Nabil called me and said that my phone was not back from repair and would I accept a refund at the value the phone sells for today? I asked him what I had paid and he told me £10 more! ...... I said can I have what I paid? .... Ok Sir, I will do that for you!!!!?.

So, after nearly one month where their store told me that the Consumer Rights Act 2015 did not apply to them, an hour of my day and two hours of my evening contacting Customer Service and making a complaint. Then the following day driving 50 miles away to a different store with £20 petrol and another 2 hrs of my time. A replacement phone £120, they offer my purchase price for my original phone!???

What is it with modern day big companies? they seems to think that the customer is nothing!? Stupid?! Moronic?!

Think it's time I raise my game once I cool down abit. 😡

Before CPW joined up with Currys/PCworld, their reputation was OK however, after the merger, Curys/PCworld staff now deal with repair issues and as anyone who has come to CAG will know, they make up the rules as they go along. It's only when challenged at the highest level do you get any sense from them.

I would be getting back to them and try and get something for consequential losses but don't hold your breath however, you state that they have given you a full refund (have they?). They didn't need to do that as you had enjoyment of the product for a while before it went wrong and a reduction in refund usually takes that into account

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox1961, their initial gesture was to offer me the phone cost as it is today, I questioned this asking what had I paid? The difference is £10 more and Nabil's grand gesture is the offer by cheque (upto 26 days) original sum paid.

As yet I have not received the cheque but Nabil appears decent in that regards, just he appears to have little room to manoeuvre in generosity stakes?

• 2 weeks later...

On the 19th Sept a cheque for the full purchase price of my phone arrived, and the following day I received a text telling me my replacement upgraded phone was available for collection.

So after over a month of nonsense, I now have a upgraded phone for free and my money back.

Don't give up the fight CAGer's! :-)