Subject Access Request reply help

Baz1994
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We further requested recording / true copy of a particular transcript of telephone conversation giving date and exact time from a Loan Broker.

Previously received some sort of print / scratchpad notes of conversation with SAR but important part of dialogue seems to have been omitted.

Now my OH was told it was being recorded and she said that the person at the brokers was talking to her and typing up notes at same time.

They have now refused our further request and stated that they are not obliged to provide any other format / CD or telephone call transcriptions.

Can someone kindly confirm if this is correct ?

Thank-you

Yes Ford but maybe the start of a separate complaint.

I spoke to the ICO about it today.

Apparently there is no requirement under data protection to provide a copy of the call and any detailed transcript of the conversation that took place.

When I explained why i required details, they suggested that I go back to Skye and say that info is required due to the tone / nature of what was said / suggested. I did not know this hence why I raised the above and was hoping for confirmation.

It just seems unfair that they can say what they want. Then when questioned or disputed, they can deny any conversation ever taking place and water down dialogue.

Apparently there is no requirement under data protection to provide a copy of the call and any detailed transcript of the conversation that took place.

if a recording is available, then maybe they shld send details of. loyds sent me a cd of one, but that was awhile ago.

one of their arguments in some other threads is that they dont keep recordings after x mths.

and of course, notes made on a system invariably do not accurately reflect the full tel conversation. (they are supposed to keep accurate records, but they dont)

IMO

:-):rant:

Yes quite agree Ford and it is so frustrating. Even the conversation with the ICO totally baffled me.

Always thought requested details should be submitted but I was wrong.

On past experience with another well known lender, they denied any telecon details until complaint went to FOS in which the adjudicator obtained details and used against me, not upholding my complaint :shock:

I will contact again requesting full details but ICO confirmed that they do not have to even if it has been recorded ?

What I find shocking is that they have only stated in notes ' discussed options with borrower' and not any suggestions of selling house, getting a lodger, 2nd job, kids out to work, getting a loan etc.

And all over a disputed arrears amount of £2,500 !

...they denied any telecon details until complaint went to FOS in which the adjudicator obtained details and used against me, not upholding my complaint :shock:

I will contact again requesting full details but ICO confirmed that they do not have to even if it has been recorded ?

What I find shocking is that they have only stated in notes ' discussed options with borrower' and not any suggestions of selling house, getting a lodger, 2nd job, kids out to work, getting a loan etc.

!

yep, re first para, info to suit them. and they do their best to avoid, eg saying only keep records for x mths (but i bet they keep them longer, as you stated re the complaint).

imo, a tel recording if in existence shld be subject to a dsar. but, the ico now say different (it was when i did one). and what can they do if a creditor says its not available.

when you do write, ask them how long they keep tel recordings. see if they answer that.

yep, not quite 'accurate' notes. they never are.

IMO

Many thanks Ford and will try a different approach.

I would have thought at least a complete transcript of the conversation at least as full and important content not even mentioned.

I will keep you posted.

I would have thought at least a complete transcript of the conversation at least as full and important content not even mentioned.

I will keep you posted.

thats what i mean. if the recording is still there, then at least a transcript if not the actual recording.

but, you said that the ico said that not even a transcript?

IMO

Yes Ford, the person at the ICO said that it was not a requirement iro a SAR, in which was news to me :???:

But did say to go back and asked if it was recorded and that you require further details due to the tone and manner of the conversation with my OH ????

Can only ask again but as stated before notes did not state what the Skye person was suggesting and bullying attitude that upset my OH.