TalkTalk Complaints - help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. This is my first time on here so please excuse me if I get anything wrong.

I would really appreciate any help when dealing with TalkTalk.

I have had trouble with the broadband service and started calling the fault department in March.

By July it was not resolved and so I made an official complaint on 4th July 2016.

I was told if this was not resolved in 28 days I could leave the contract without paying a penalty.

since that time, I have phoned them on several occasions and have spent many hours on the phone to them, only to get different replies from each of them.

If they charge me the penalty is £242 as my contract is supposed to run until November.

I very stupidly agreed to stay with them and change to fibre optic, but then quickly cancelled this (well within cool off period) as I have decided no matter how good a deal they are offering me I do not want to start a new contract with them.

they have not cancelled the fibre optic contract, even though I have called and been told the cancellation was logged on three occasions and refused delivery of the router.

They will not listen no matter what I say and I am also concerned that the agreement that I can leave my original contract from 2nd August 2016 will not be honoured.

I also think they are going to bill me for the engineer they sent to me, apparently on the phone to sort out my original broadband, but he turned up to solve fibre optic issues!!!

I have not received one email following conversations I have had, even when promised them and requesting details to get call records and when I went to their technical department to query this, they blamed my email provider. Funnily enough I have no problem getting there bill by email.

Who do I go to next please?

I'm totally exhausted with the whole thing after spending literally hours on the phone to them

. Some of the people I've spoken to have said I can go to a new provider after 2nd Aug and do not need to contact them as I will not be charged, but others have said that is not the case

! I do not trust them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Stop & Slow down please!

Firstly, keep EVERYTHING in writing ONLY, & keep a diary of events.

Lodge a formal complaint with them, in WRITING or EMAIL!

If you ever send these clowns anything in writing, then obtain 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter.

Once you have exhausted their so called ''complaints procedure'' then escalate it to OTELO, and/or the ombudsman.

If you have a DD set up, cancel it, if you have ever given them your card details, tell your bank that you're cancelling the CPA on it for them, (Continuous Payment Authorial).

Get making those complaints!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi and welcome to CAG

Nowadays, you have no need to contact your existing provider if you wish to leave. The new company does it all for you including taking your phone number with you.

In this case however, I would be writing to them informing them that as they have failed in their contractual obligations you expect them to allow you to leave with no penalty and if they decide to bill you for termination charges, these will be disputed and if they place any defamatory information on your credit file, you may instigate legal action.

Absolutely keep a record of what this has cost you in time and effort as this could be included (not guaranteed) in court claim.

Have a look here to see if you can find email addresses for the top nobs (they are there)

http://www.ceoemail.com/

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Stop & Slow down please!

Firstly, keep EVERYTHING in writing ONLY, & keep a diary of events.

Lodge a formal complaint with them, in WRITING or EMAIL!

If you ever send these clowns anything in writing, then obtain 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter.

Once you have exhausted their so called ''complaints procedure'' then escalate it to OTELO, and/or the ombudsman.

If you have a DD set up, cancel it, if you have ever given them your card details, tell your bank that you're cancelling the CPA on it for them, (Continuous Payment Authorial).

Get making those complaints!

Thank you! Yes I am going to email all further correspondence and will keep the complaints going as the service is not improving.

Thank you for your help. I am going to email the CEO to get clarification that what I have been told by her company is correct and I can now move to another provider without penalty. Hopefully, if I get confirmation in writing from her, I will not then be charged.

Many thanks.

Not going off topic but:

Who now owns Talk -Talk since Carphone warehouse ditched them over that data protection breach ??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/11842743/For-all-the-sales-chatter-TalkTalk-still-has-no-buyer.html

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread