littlewoods catalogue 20% cashback help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I hope I can get some advice please.

I seen an offer on Littlewoods website for 20% cash back on all laptops ,

I said to order and select buy now pay later at check out and that 20% credit would be applied to acc,

I did not have to enter any codes at all.

Recd laptop but no credit to acc after 3weeks

I called them today and was told that i ordered on 4th june and offer ended end may!

This offer was on the website and i followed instructions for the offer.

Can you tell me where I stand as seems they are not going to honour the offer.

I have no proof as didnt take a screen shot but would like to know where I go from here ?

Can I return the laptop ?

it has been used but I would think under the credit acc I have been missold .

I am happy with the lap top and happy to keep but not without my cashback offer

and the lap top was over £900 so it is alot of cashback that is due to me.

Any advice appreciated.

Obviously, you are completely in the right. Your problem, as you have already realised, is – evidence.

Please could you post here the link of the offer page that you went to. We may be able to have a look in the Littlewoods archives.

In terms of whether or not you would be entitled to return the computer, I would say that there is an argument to suggest that you could. You have 14 days to return the item under the distance selling rules. You have 30 days to reject it for a defect under the short term right to reject rules in the new Consumer Rights Act.

In terms of distance selling, the 14 days only starts after the contract is complete. If they haven't let you have the refund then you could argue that the contract was not yet complete and therefore the 14 days had not started to run.

In terms of the short term right to reject, this applies to defective goods – but I wonder whether a failure to give you the refund could be considered part of the contract and therefore that the contract is defective in some way.

Please understand that I'm using my imagination here, but these will be very interesting positions to take.

At the very least, if you can get the evidence then you would be able to force the refund – and some compensation.

Let us have the link.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I dont have any link , I just ordered on the website as I normally do. There was no code to enter just nhad to order and select buy now pay later terms. I ordered on 4th june and stated when ordering the cash back credit would be applied to the acc. I would never had ordered the laptop if the offer had not been on their page but thought it was a very good deal.

please post a link to the website you used.

Actually, if you look through your browsing history, you will probably find the exact link that you used there.

Do you know how to do this? What browser are you using?

OK. I've checked the Wayback archive for cached pages of littlewoods website but there is nothing since 18th May. https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.littlewoods.com/

I'm afraid that without evidence, there is not much you can do. You could start asking on Facebook or Twitter. Maybe you will come across someone who has had the same problem or who has used the offer on the date which you bought your computer.

Here is a video on how to access your browsing history on chrome - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hygsRmQ5GEo

Hello, On the Archive dated 5th May it shows the Laptop offer, I am unable to open to see terms etc , Is there anyway of getting the details to show offer was still on the wedsite when I booked ? This was definately there when I booked the offer .Thanks