Ethical Parking Contractual Breach Charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

While away on holiday my Father removed our Ethical Parking Permit ( as he thought it was the permit for our road)

from our car which was parked on our buildings car park.

We then received a ticket on our car saying we have a fine.

The fine is for a "Contractual Breach" as our car was parked without displaying the permit.

We own our flat and really don't see why we should pay this as it seems like blatant opportunism on their part

as we have explained that we live there and it was a mistake.

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks in advance

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Hi and welcome to CAG. Unfortunately I have had to hide the images as you have left some personal info on the first one.

As it is, I would wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive. This should be between 29 and 56 days after the parking event. You can then appeal as the keeper. Only mention the driver as 'the driver' Never name them. You will be rejected as a matter of course but they must then give you a POPLA code to take it to the independent appeal.

Ethical is a small company and so far haven't taken anyone to court. This is NOT a penalty charge backed by law but a parking charge which is vastly different.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

and can we please point out

IT IS NOT A FINE

go read the paperwork again..

nowhere do they ever use that word

its a speculative invoice

for breaking a supposed 'contract' you have with them.

sadly, your right of tenancy blows it out the water..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In any event, the fact that they identified as a "contractual breach" means immediately that they are only entitled – if they are entitled to anything at all – to recover any administrative losses caused by this "breach".

At £100, I think that they would have difficulty showing that this equals the administrative losses, if any.

It's unenforceable if only for that reason.

In any event, the fact that they identified as a "contractual breach" means immediately that they are only entitled – if they are entitled to anything at all – to recover any administrative losses caused by this "breach".

At £100, I think that they would have difficulty showing that this equals the administrative losses, if any.

It's unenforceable if only for that reason.

That's good to know bankfodder, this is all alien to me so I am very grateful to have this forum to post in.

essentially you have what is called superiority of contract

which means they cant tell you what to do on your own property.

even if they do have a valid contract with someone else

( they wont have, it will be a worthless contract with the managing agents).

The wording of their first NTK is very important,

they may well have sunk themselves if they havent got it exactly right

so post it up with your presonal details removed, such as name, car reg, their ref no,

but do leave in the time of observation and what they claim was the breach.

We can compare that to the signage at the site and see if they have just invented a breach of a non-existent condition (common).

Dont forget, this is just to really stick it to them rather than just relying on the fact they have trespassed againt you

PDF Format please

and they

essentially you have what is called superiority of contract

which means they cant tell you what to do on your own property.

even if they do have a valid contract with someone else

( they wont have, it will be a worthless contract with the managing agents).

The wording of their first NTK is very important,

they may well have sunk themselves if they havent got it exactly right

so post it up with your presonal details removed, such as name, car reg, their ref no,

but do leave in the time of observation and what they claim was the breach.

We can compare that to the signage at the site and see if they have just invented a breach of a non-existent condition (common).

Dont forget, this is just to really stick it to them rather than just relying on the fact they have trespassed againt you

Thanks, I will attach the images tommorow with personal details removed. Appreciate your help.

follow the upload

use PDF

and they

14:04 to 14:08!!! 3 ruddy minutes. What about the grace period allowed to read, understand and then leave the site? Not that it matters. I suspect that when you appeal, EP will reject you on some spurious grounds but you should win at POPLA.

The 3 minutes plus the supremacy of contract should stuff them good.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Cheeky gits £5 fee for paying by debit card, unlawful that one isn't it?

Their contract is inferior as also it contravenes your occupation rights.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

so, permit holders only - well you have a permit( not that it makes a difference to the lack of standing) and if you didnt then you cannot entter into a contract anyway as you dont have a permit.

Wait for the NTK to be sent and respond to them as the keeper. DO not explain anything and do not say who was driving. Not their business.

the permit holders only sign says 'on behalf of the freeholder/agents'. dont you own your flat (freehold) which will no doubt include parking. how can you give yourself a ticket :)

I noticed the time being 3 minutes!!!!!. Yes we own our flat so the whole thing seems ridiculous, I spoke to the managing agents this morning and they as always are not interested, all they said was " well we do need ethical parking to manage the carpark, otherwise everyone will be using it". I hate the fact that we pay the agents to manage our building and this is the crap we have to deal with.:x

The managing agents are the problem so it is pointless speaking to them other than to tell them you may well sue them for the harassment. They invited these bandits to your property without your consent and because of that the parking co has no contract as the agents dont have the authority to create one. However, this is beyond the level of intelligence of the parking co and agents and anyway, they are both greedy so they dont actually care.

A letter to the parking co copied to the managing agents saying simply they have no right to make any claim against you and that if they do not desist you will sue them for damages as per Davey v UKPC (Winchester cc 21/1/13)