Lloyds not in position to give final decision on PPI?????

Lunatic Flea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2912 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Wife has made a claim for PPI against Lloyds for some loans several years ago.

Main points being it was never fully explained to her and was told she needed to take this out for her to be given the loan.

She also had a separate critical illness policy, entitled to 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay from her employer,

she also is entitled to death in service payment etc. None of these were used of her.

She made a claim a few weeks ago and received a letter today saying they are not currently in a position to provide her with a final response in relation to her complaint.

The FCA has indicated it will implement additional rules and guidance for firms on how they should access certain categories of complaints where the level of commission on the PPI policy was not disclosed.

I understand that your complaint is likely to fall within one of those categories.

they are saying they want to wait until this comes out before making a final decision and this should be towards the end of 2016.

They say based on the information currently available to them they do not believe your PPI policy was misold.

However when the FCA release further guidance they will consider the complaint again.

Has anyone else received this from Lloyds or any other lenders?

If you have statements etc, then ignore lloyds, send them a lba and go through scc or ombudsman. You dont need their decision.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

She does not have much paperwork. Someone told me that they don't give much weight to Critical illness or death in service policies which i don't think is correct? I made a claim and won against Lloyds and they were the ones who asked me if i had Death in service policy.