CP PLUS charge notice at MOTO Heston West **CANCELLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

New here, would appreciate a good advice!

Received a 'CHARGE NOTICE' from something called CP PLUS limited.

The letter states there are BPA member and the postal address is PO BOX 3573, Barnet, EN5 9QA

They sent a photo of me going in and out the private car park (that's heston west services to do with costa, travelodge, etc.).

They say I overstayed by 50 minutes.

They provide a photo of the sign saying that parking charges apply after 2 hours, how to pay post 2 hours and that camera enforcement is in operation.

Few questions:

1) Along with phone (03339390104) and address, they also provide a link to appeal:

APPEALPCN.CO.UK

This looks VERY dodgy, and besides it is an unsecure form.

Is this legit at all?

2) I can't see their company website address anywhere, is that normal?

Searching cp plus online doesn't give much info either.

[problem]?

3) They demand £100 to be reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days. Is that a reasonable charge at all?

Any advice?

Many thanks

Wait for others to advise you first.

However DO NOTHING yet.

Can you scan and post up the begging letter they sent you, ENSURE you remove ALL identifiers first.

When did you park here?

When did they send you this letter?

Is it addressed to the registered keeper, or marked Notice To Keeper?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Bazooka Boo: thanks, attaching the scans!

Received a week after parking.

Says 'issued to'.

dx100uk: thanks, looks like those links are quote old though and this company quotes parking eye v Beavis.

IN ADDITION: I only stopped there because there was a huge traffic accident on M4 blocking EVERYTHING and actually there were 2-3 hour queues, almost standing and nowhere else to go/park. So I managed to slip into these services and moved away only after the situation has been resolved on M4. I had no choice really!

cpplus1.jpg

cpplus2.jpg

bevis means nothing .

simply willy waving it applies

it doesn't.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sit tight and wait for the regulars. Theres no rush at all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

read the threads in post 3

dx

and they

the demand is not compliant with the PoFA to create keeper liability as it fails to say who the creditor is.

I would also bet that if the signage at the site is the same as the letter

then there is no contract as the signage has inadequate terms to form one.

A short letter saying that "the signage you refer to is inadequate to form a contract

and you have failed to create a keeper liability under the PoFA 2012 by way of your current actions.

Desist from further communication as this will be construed as harassment and dealt with accordingly".

No need to be overtly polite and dont add to this by way of explanation about the event

or anything about who was driving at the time.

If they respond they must offer you the chance of appealing to an "independent" assessor.

Failure to do that kills any chance of a future legal claim.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received another letter demanding to pay the full amount since 14 days discount has been passed. They haven't responded to my appeal at all. What to do?

nothing await the appeal reply

and they

dx100uk: I've sent the wording ericsbrother kindly provided. Do you think that counts as an 'appeal'? Are they obliged by law to respond to any correspondence in regards to the PCN?

post 10

and they

They won't 'respond' by Law or anything, as they are morally bankrupt and they don't even abide by the Law themselves.

They are simply hoping and preying that you will cough up so they can continue their unlawful demands on other innocent motorists.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So why don't we actually do referendums on really useful things: looks like there is a lot of unclear and messy stuff in motoring alone. Someone should be responsible for this mess.

The government allows them to self regulate. Remember, these are the cowboy clampers. Same people different tactics. And it took them YEARS to shut them down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

SUCCESS!!! Thank you!!

OUTGOING:

"The signage you refer to is inadequate to form a contract and you have failed to create a keeper liability under the PoFA 2012 by way of your current actions.

In addition, the online resource offered as the first contact represents a major violation of the Data Protection Act also since communication is not encrypted and thus personal information could be intercepted and stolen by third parties.

Desist from further communication as this will be construed as harassment and dealt with accordingly."

INCOMING:

"Thank you for your correspondence concerning the above stated PCN.

In light of your claims, the representations stated in your appeal have been noted and upheld.

We can confirm this Notice has been cancelled in full and no further action will take place on this occasion."

well done

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

and they

I reckon CP Plus have realised that if someone gives a knowledgeable response they know they will get nowhere with their threatening letters and are now cutting their losses and backing off. Good result.