Default + Security Clearance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening All,

At present I am at a late stage of a job application which will require 'Security Check' level vetting. The role itself is involved with financial matters - however not with large sums of money. I have been offered the role pending successful clearance approval however will have to hand my current notice in before it comes back with a decision.

At present I have two defaults on my account totalling ~£9,400 for which I have yet to agree a payment plan (no communication from either lender in over two years) however I do have all intentions to repay when my financial situation improves. This role would give me that financial ability. The debts were for a personal loan and for an overdraft.

I've to complete my clearance paperwork for Monday after which it will be a two week turnaround, I fully intend on detailing everything about why the debt came about, how much it is and my plans on how to repay it - I have nothing to hide and will be very thorough/honest.

My question; has anyone been in a situation like this before i.e. applied for a security check with defaults on the account? And what was the outcome? Could anyone advise the likelyhood of getting this approved as long as I am fully honest and up front?

As always I appreciate everyones help and if you require any more information I will be available again in the morning. Thank you.

as far as I know you only have to declare CCJ's?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I was in this situation about 2 years ago. As long as you are honest youll be fine :)

May as you to fill in a financial questionnaire so just go with the flow :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

as far as I know you only have to declare CCJ's?

dx

I think this used to be the case however on the pre-registration forms its a requirement to declare defaults now.

Fkofilee - your reassurance is greatly appreciated, I have heard from a few different sources that this is the case but you know how the human mind works haha. Thank you greatly for your advise, I read the other article as well and it was helpful.

Once again this site never fails to disappoint.

I think this used to be the case however on the pre-registration forms its a requirement to declare defaults now.

Fkofilee - your reassurance is greatly appreciated, I have heard from a few different sources that this is the case but you know how the human mind works haha. Thank you greatly for your advise, I read the other article as well and it was helpful.

Once again this site never fails to disappoint.

Wow - disappoint was not the word I meant to put in there.... "Once again this site never lets me down"

predictive text..well thats what i'd blame...:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Haha - my iPhone has been on the brink of destruction many times as a result of this.

Just to follow up on my original post, I have had feedback from my sponsor

- as I have declared everything it shouldn't be an issue at all.

However they have advised I will be monitored during my probationary period

and I will have to provide evidence that I am dealing with my debt appropriately.