X4l & CRS Debt Collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was a member of the exercise 4 less gym for over 18 months and stopped using the facilities.

I emailed the gym manager stating my wish to leave and cancelled membership online,

I kept direct debit open for sufficient time and in my eyes did everything I was meant to.

Around 2 month later I received a letter stating I owed £9.99 plus an admin fee,

I contacted the gym and they took my number and said someone would call straight back..

.that never happened,

a few letters later I apparently then owed 150+ because they kept on adding on admin fees

Can the debt collection agency add this fee on?

I have tried to contact the gym numerous times and keep getting the we'll call you back and it never happens.

I am adamnant I am not in the wrong but I am beginning to worry as the fees they are chasing me for are adding up.

Can they do anything and are these enforceable?

Please help

no of course the admin fees are not enforceable.

they are totally unlawful and they know so anyway.

just read a few like threads here

you;'ll soon get the idea

if you paid the next months fee after you told the manager you'd finished

then you owe nowt

not even the £9.99

just remember DCA's etc etc

are all powerless

they are NOT BAILIFFS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can you give some dates as to when you joined, the length of the contract, and when you cancelled the agreement.

All you will owe is one months final fee of £9.99, however due to their greed they will continue to say you owe more than this, mainly due to their unlawful fees they add, Slick will be along in good time, and will advise a letter to send, offering the final months fee, of which they will ignore, then you can do the same.

You will however receive a plethora of deforestation through your door, of which you need to keep a diary of events regarding the criminal offence of harassment, with a view of reporting them to the relevant agencies who purport to police this industry.

You can also get onto X4L's social media sites, FB & Twitter, and publicly embarrass them on there warning any potential customers of the shocking treatment they an expect from the gym and their chosen third party clowns.

Stay OFF the phone, keep everything in writing or email, and be assured that this cannot affect your credit file, not do they take any court action!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thread moved to Gyms and Health Clubs Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Smiles and welcome to CAG

From what you've written in post #1, I think you did what was necessary but I'd like some more info :-

1. Do you have a copy of the email notice to the gym mgr.

2. I assume you rec'd no reply but please confirm.

3. Did you pay one further DD after you emailed the gym and used X4Less's online cancellation system.

Don't bother trying to contact the local gym at all - they won't be interested.

Don't worry about Harlands/CRS at all. They are chancers who hope to get your money by harassing and bluffing.

Stay off the phone and make any contact in writing only.

Read other threads here and you'll realise just how many folk have suffered at the hands of Harlands/CRS. However, when they come to CAG folk realise they have little to fear from them, or Zinc or Spratt Endicott.

Give us the answers and we'll take it from there ..............

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for getting back to me

I have just received another letter, its up to £170 now

Looking through emails I send an email to the manager of x4l on the 22nd December 2015 (email address that was advertised online) I then waited for a further payment to come out and then cancelled direct debit, I didn't visit the gym in this period. I had been a member for best part of 2 years and was well out of my contract period.

I then went on to use the cancellation service, I had problems with this and it looks like I did this a few weeks later, I think it was because I couldn't find where to do it online and when I did it was asking me for a number which I don't believe I was ever given, I have an email from 14th January saying I done this and needed to wait 30 days before cancelling dd

You can ignore the letter, all hot air and empty threats, have a great bank holiday weekend, forget these clowns for now.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Smiles and thanks for coming back.

Now up to £170 - LoL !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you've a copy kept of the email you sent to the gym mgr - excellent.

I'll say you need do nothing more for now. Ignore the silly demands and threats.

You have the proof that you need in the extremely unlikely case that they took court action against you.

Keep us posted.

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone

I have left this and haven't had any letters or texts/calls for a while so thought it had gone away.

It hasn't I have just received a letter from Spratt Endicott, which is a solicitors and they are stating I must contact them within 7 days or they will start legal proceedings which can will affect credit rating.

What do I do? They say I owe £171.47 which at the very most if anything I owe £9.99

go read the letter properly...

it does not say WILL anywhere

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The letter says.

We act on behalf of the above client name.

They have instructed us to write to you concerning the above debt due to them.

Failure to reply to this notice within 7 days may result in legal proceedings to recover the above balance unless you contact us to discuss your repayment proposals.

Any claim resulting in proceedings will include additional costs payable by you,

you should also note that if judgement is obtained you may find it difficult to obtain credit from other sources as the judgment will be registered and remain on your file for 6 years

Please contact us to discuss your account so that we may come to an agreement that is affordable and sustainable with your financial circumstances

Hi Smiles,

Read other threads here and you'll see the advice repeated often - Ignore threats from Spratts and they'll stop.

Do NOT contact them at all, for any reason.

Keep us posted.

there it is that word MAY again

and instructed too.

neither = WILL.

std scary threat-o-gram from a DCA or their pet dogs.

just remember DCAlink3.gif's etc etc

are all powerless

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and they

no they don't own the debt

only the owner of a supposed debt can take you to court....

and as theres no debt here anyway..

theres been no gym ccj's in years

and they

Hi Smiles,

Please do your own research by reading other threads.

You'll see we have said many times that gym cases don't involve adverse data being posted on your credit records; nor do gym cases result in court action.

The only exception was when Spratt Endicott filed a claim on behalf of CRS last year. The claim was shambolic and was withdrawn by Spratts !

It is all here for you to read and learn ..............