2 defaulted and statue barred egg loans with miss sold ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Would like some advice about 2 loans that I took out in 2005 with egg to consolidate credit cards, car purchase etc after getting a mortgage in 2004.

Both loans were for just under £25k each and it was more or less implied that if I took out PPI that the loans would be easier to be accepted for and that I would be able to claim if I was not able to work for any reason even though I was self employed.

Roll onto end of 2008 where my ex wife and I started having relationship problems and I started struggling to make the repayments but feeling that I had a duty to repay I struggled on trying to keep the repayments up to date even when I could not carry on working at the end of 2009 when I became a single parent. By March/April 2010 I could not make the payments so the loans went into default officially.

I spent the next 6 years struggling to bring up my kids as a single parent and have been chased to repay the loans via lots of different debt collection companies but was never in the position to pay anything

So now in 2016 the loans have both been removed from my credit report (such a relief as can start rebuilding my credit worthiness).

I did receive a questionnaire for both loans from Canada Square Operations in 2013 about my PPI but because of my financial situation I just filed them as I was worried that it was a ploy to get me to pay money to them that I could not afford. It does state in the covering letter that they that the loans where now being administered by Britannica Recoveries but does not say the debt had been sold to them. It also lists the reasons that they think I would be entitled to a refund for and they are for it being implied that by taking PPI I would get the loans and that when self employed I could only claim if I could not work at all.

My question is would it be worthwhile sending in the questionnaire now to apply for a refund.

Many thanks in advance

Allister

RESOLVED: Virgin (MBNA) £12,525.80 short settlement £3,800, Marbles £15,000 Thrown out of court and ordered not to harass me as could not provide any paperwork to support the DEBT,Cahoot £5,000 time barred 2015, Egg 2 Loans £12,000 each £24,000 time barred March and April 2016, First Direct Overdraft £10,000 (low interest as account closed) time barred 2014

ONGOING: Halifax £7,500 still being chased will be time barred November 2016

they certainly cant off set the PPI against the outstanding balance

if they have sold the debts on.

however as its been 3yrs since the sent you the letter?

then they could turn around and say your claim is out of time.

have you got all the statements?

if not send Canadian square an SAR

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...