Lowell/? claimform - old jdw cat 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

toshyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure.....I really cant see what they hope to achieve by sending a false DQ...you can only go off what the court has stated...lets hope that is fact and that they have not sent yours and gone AWOL.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

Further to the above matters have now progressed, and I could do with a bit of advice.

A hearing date has been set, and we have been asked to exchange witness statements

As things stand, Lowell have still not provided a credit agreement or a response to the cpr request.

I was just wondering if it was madatory for my mum to attend the hearing as the defendant.

She does have a tendancy to get confused, with matters such as this, which is why I've dealt with this on her behalf, and will be attending myself.

The worry would be that if she is in attendance the judge may address her direct, despite my presence as her "litigation friend"

Use the search cag box top red toolbar

Witness statement cat debt

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi guys

Further to the above matters have now progressed, and I could do with a bit of advice.

A hearing date has been set, and we have been asked to exchange witness statements

As things stand, Lowell have still not provided a credit agreement or a response to the cpr request.

I was just wondering if it was madatory for my mum to attend the hearing as the defendant.

She does have a tendancy to get confused, with matters such as this, which is why I've dealt with this on her behalf, and will be attending myself.

The worry would be that if she is in attendance the judge may address her direct, despite my presence as her "litigation friend"

Also dont forget to do your disclosures along with your witness statement/exhibits. With regards to your mum as she is the named defendant she must attend...but if you speak /write to your county court and request permission in advance then you can guide and speak on behalf of her...prompt her what to state...etc

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cheers Andy

Can I just clarify what I mean by disclosures?

I was under the impression it was just witness statement and relevant exhibits??

Cheers

And anything you have referred to in your defence or witness statement (CPR 31 and CCA request ...any responses) your exhibits are attached to your witness statement and are also included in standard disclosure

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers guys - everything gone in now from our side

Still not had any witness statement from Lowell, and the hearing is 15 days away

Am I right in thinking I can get the claim threw out, if nothing received by tomorrow??

You can report them to the court for failing to comply with Directions and ask the court to impose sanctions...if they have not filed anything with the court either then they are forbidden to rely on any written evidence...so I would expect a Notice of Discontinuance shortly.

You can report them to the court for failing to comply with Directions and ask the court to impose sanctions...if they have not filed anything with the court either then they are forbidden to rely on any written evidence...so I would expect a Notice of Discontinuance shortly.

Had a letter from Lowell this morning confirming they have discontinued

Thanks for your help guys

yes!

well done!!

dx

and they

:wink: Thread title amended to reflect the outcome

Well done

Andy

:wink: Thread title amended to reflect the outcome

Well done

Andy

Had a letter from Lowell this morning confirming they have discontinued

Thanks for your help guys

Well done, however a note of caution - unless the court confirms the claim has been discontinued DO NOT rely on that letter!

It would certainly be worth checking with the court just in case.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.