ppi from J D Williams

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI a friend of mine is trying to claim PPI from JD Williams (N Brown Group plc).

That received this back from them , I have never come across this.

You contacted

on 14th March 2016 in connection with the payment protection cover associated with your catalogue account.

You are a customer of J D Williams, which offers mail order goods and services for sale via a catalogue and other distance selling methods. The credit account has been open since 4th August 2002. Our records show that you opted to take out our Personal Account Protection (PAP formerly known as Peace of Mind Plan) on 20th November 2003 some 1 year 3 months after the account was opened. Please note, PAP is charged via a monthly premium.

It should be noted that prior to 2005 the sale of PPI was not regulated by the financial services authority (FSA now FCA) and JD Williams were not a member of the General Insurance Standards Council and therefore this complaint is not covered by the DISP complaint handling rules, nor does it fall under the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service.

We have as part of the review considered whether you were eligible for payment protection insurance and find no evidence held here nor detailed in your initial complaint which indicates that you were not eligible for this insurance. If you have any supporting evidence that this is not the case then please contact me, to provide this, so that I may review my final decision.

You have received full insurance cover under PAP and you have received statements from us, which have shown the premium charges as a separate entry over the time you have operated your credit account with us. We do not consider that this policy was miss-sold and therefore, your allegations of miss-sale are refuted.

Please note the insurance was cancelled on 29th March 2016.

This will be our final response in this matter. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to refer your complaint to The Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge, but you must do so within 6 months of the date of this e-mail.

If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was a result of exceptional circumstances.

As previously stated we do not consider this sale to fall under the jurisdiction of the Financial Ombudsman Service as the sale took place prior to January 2005, however I have included their contact details below, in case you wish to verify this with them.

Financial Ombudsman Service

Exchange Tower

Harbour Exchange Square

London

E14 9GE

Any advise

Hi,

I've had the same reply for a few claims, issuing court claims was the only way I was going to get any refund, I did and was paid in full before my court due dates.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 1 year later...