DWP announces extra support for armed forces spouses and civil partners to help protect their State Pension

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DWP announces extra support for armed forces spouses and civil partners to help protect their State Pension

A new armed forces National Insurance credit is available for spouses and civil partners who joined their partners on overseas postings.

Up to 20,000 armed forces spouses may be eligible for a new National Insurance credit if they have previously joined their partners on an overseas posting, ensuring that they don’t miss out on their State Pension.

People who have accompanied spouses and civil partners may have been unable to work while abroad, and therefore unable to make National Insurance contributions. Gaps in contributions can seriously reduce the amount of money people receive when they reach State Pension age. As the new State Pension is based on people’s own National Insurance record, the credit will give people the opportunity to cover contributions missed by periods spent abroad dating back to 1975.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dwp-announces-extra-support-for-armed-forces-spouses-and-civil-partners-to-help-protect-their-state-pension

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group