PCN Dispute - Please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a PCN for being 'Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours'.

In front of my car where I have parked, there are bays which allow you to park without a permit.

Behind my vehicle, to the left, there are bays for permit holders between 1 - 3 only.

I have parked on a single yellow, as I have done many times (and was advised that legally I could do so, as the yellow line was broken, by a parking enforcement officer himself many months ago)

Are there any grounds of appeal?

The yellow signage above where I have has been tampered with and read 1 to as opposed to 1 to 3.

I don't know whether this would help my appeal at all?

The parking enforcement officer had taken a photo of my permit (which had expired) so I can only assume I received a ticket on this basis.

I would really appreciate any help to appeal this ticket.

Many thanks,

Abby

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thank you for replying.

Oh no. The fact the sign which advises of the time restrictions being tampered with, won't help at all? Also any ideas how to edit a post? I can't seem to find the edit botton.

The signage might help.

To understand this correctly - you are issued a PCN for contravening a traffic order, which is the legal description, definition, etc of the restrictions. So regardless of the signs and lines, you were parked in contravention.

However there is a requirement that the restriction is clearly communicated to the motorist. If it isn't, that's grounds for appeal. So, with this in mind, I agree with Michael that the yellow line is clear enough and if a CEO told you that a break in it meant it can't be enforced, he's talking rubbish. As for the sign, do you have a picture?

By the way, I think you can only edit your post for a fixed period (10 minutes or something). Just add a new post.

Uploads in post #1 unapproved as requested.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The sign is definitely in your favour in that it doesn't convey clearly what the restriction is.

Against that is that presumably you live here, previously held a resident's permit (as per photo) and therefore can't really claim you were completely unaware of the 1-3pm restriction.

It's a toss up whether an adjudicator would agree.

The sign is definitely in your favour in that it doesn't convey clearly what the restriction is.

Against that is that presumably you live here, previously held a resident's permit (as per photo) and therefore can't really claim you were completely unaware of the 1-3pm restriction.

It's a toss up whether an adjudicator would agree.

Thanks Micheal. I think I may be onto a losing battle but will give it a try and making an informal appeal, as I won't affected the discounted rate being offered by the council.

Will let you know how I get on.

Again I will agree with Michael. I think technically it's a faulty sign, but whether it's faulty enough to get a judgement I wouldn't like to say. I'd probably bale out if the informal appeal is rejected, and pay the discount.