Magical Reappearing Debts (on CRA record)

adridude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just noticed on my newly issued credit report that two debts, which were settled years ago, have mysteriously appeared.

One belonging to BT, which I believe I addressed here for 200 odd and the other to Cabot Financial who insist that I have a debt with O2. (£900 odd?! no explanation as to what its for)

The BT debt isn't an issue, that expired as of 9 hours 11 mins ago as per stutter barring :D

O2 deny having a debt with me,Cabot tell me I do, neither of which will entertain sending me a letter to the effect... Also in the past I've sent them various letters:

Oct 2011: Letter requesting invoices and full and final breakdown of the nature of the debt

Nov 2011: (No Response) Chase up letter referring to the previous

Dec 2011: (No Response) Final chase up letter stating that "if I don't hear from you within 30 days, I'll deem this matter as closed and resolved"

(no response to date)

I've contacted the CRA, they won't entertain the fact that I've gone though all these steps, Cabot are just a bunch of morons on the telephone as they won't discuss the matter and will only accept "a credit card or debit card number" and sound stay anything else.

I'm literally grasping at strafers here as I really can't be bothered to go to court... Would the FCA be able to assist in this matter (and is that the right course of action?)

Hope you can help

Cheers,

A

Hi,

I've just noticed on my newly issued credit report that two debts, which were settled years ago, have mysteriously appeared.

One belonging to BT, which I believe I addressed here for 200 odd and the other to Cabot Financial who insist that I have a debt with O2. (£900 odd?! no explanation as to what its for)

The BT debt isn't an issue, that expired as of 9 hours 11 mins ago as per stutter barring :D

O2 deny having a debt with me,Cabot tell me I do, neither of which will entertain sending me a letter to the effect... Also in the past I've sent them various letters:

Oct 2011: Letter requesting invoices and full and final breakdown of the nature of the debt

Nov 2011: (No Response) Chase up letter referring to the previous

Dec 2011: (No Response) Final chase up letter stating that "if I don't hear from you within 30 days, I'll deem this matter as closed and resolved"

(no response to date)

I've contacted the CRA, they won't entertain the fact that I've gone though all these steps, Cabot are just a bunch of morons on the telephone as they won't discuss the matter and will only accept "a credit card or debit card number" and sound stay anything else.

I'm literally grasping at strafers here as I really can't be bothered to go to court... Would the FCA be able to assist in this matter (and is that the right course of action?)

Hope you can help

Cheers,

A

Well if CABOT are reporting a debt to your credit record, they are responsible for its accuracy under Data Protection. If you have not sent them a letter recently, you should send them a letter addressed to Head of Compliance and Data Protection Officer, with your name/address and date of birth, asking why they are reporting an 02 debt that 02 says does not exist. If they fail to provide any evidence, then you have two avenues of complaint. The ICO in regard to Data Protection and the FOS in regard to any financial loss in regard to the defailt showing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread