BPO chasing old MCO/Hoores/cash choice/toothfairy 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sillygirl.

Sorry to hear about your family bereavement and I hope that the blood test goes ok.Maybe some of the PDL companies should have a blood test,at least it would prove that they have got a heart.

Martin.

Thank you for erasing my previous post,it got sent before I had finished it.I tried everything to erase it,but to no avail.

More contradictory messages from our friends today.I might send them a pick axe and shovel,so that they can dig a deeper hole for themselves.

TEXTS......

14.10------NDR COLLECTIONS.....Reminder that I have committed to pay 384 to by tomorrow to settle my Toothfairy loan,etc.

14.30------ " " ......as above,but 480

So in 20 minutes,it has gone up by £96.

EMAILS......

10.08------NDR COLLECTIONS.....Reminder etc,GBP384 etc.

10.10------ " " .....as above,but 480

This time,it has gone up £96 in 2 minutes.

Not once have they made reference to the original lender (Speed Credit),it is now Toothfairy.

But yesterday,I received an email from Marshall Hoares,saying that they were the owner of the so called debt.

Regards,John.

Edited by JOHNINYORK

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is already a thread regarding BPO,

but as my case is different,

I thought a new thread would be appropiate.

Received a letter from BPO (31/03/160,letter dated 15/03/16

The letter informs me that my SO CALLED DEBT has been sold by MCO Capital to Cash Choice.

When this happened, I do not know, as MCO was closed down roughly 3 years ago.

But there is another MCO in Edgeware, who have not submitted their returns for this year.(OVERDUE).

March 2012 took a loan out with Speed Credit/Toothfairy.

The day after I got the loan, my better judgement took hold and I repaid it with 2 days interest.

Speed Credit said they never received it, default notice, Marshall Hoares, NDR etc,etc.

Finally got an email April saying that they had received it. But they still continued to chase me for the money and finally in June 2012, received an email saying that my account was closed

A couple of months later, the default was removed from my credit file

and all trace of Speed Credit vanished.

I even logged into my Speed Credit and it said that I had no loan.

Now nearly 4 years later, I have some idiots by the name of BPO saying they are collecting an unpaid debt.

I still have the email regarding closure of the account and a computer print out from Barclays for the payment.

Now, do I sit tight and wait for their next move .Or invite them to prove it, but with the evidence I have, it will be impossible for them.

This my email from Speed Credit closing the account.

Marshall Hoare - Collections Collections@marshallhoares.com via toothfairyfinance.com

6/11/12

Dear John

Thank you for your message passed to us from Speed Credit.

After taking your message into consideration we have decided to close you loan.

Yours Faithfully

Rebecca Franks

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

Telephone: 0843 381 1111

Far more civil than the previous emails, on one, they just used my surname, no Mr etc,etc.

Mind you,the one I sent them was not very civil.

Regards,John.

bpo seem to be trying this on with a good few old PDL debts

I've moved you to the PDL forum

you'll see there are a few this last 10day regarding BPO

pers i'd ignore them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Several members have received a letter,myself included,from BPO regarding old Speed Credit/Toothfairy loans.

BPO states that they acting on behalf of Cash Choice UK,who are supposed to have bought the old SC/TF loans from CIM/MCO.

I might be going off at a tangent here.How could MCO have sold the loans,when DHR Capital were the owners of the old loans.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?438455-DHR-Capital-Toothfairy-Notice-of-assignment-to-Capital-Resolve-Limited&highlight=DHR+CAPITAL

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?414289-Toothfairy-loan-book-sold-to-Loads-of-Dosh-for-7.5-of-book-value&highlight=loads+of+dosh

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article/16438/online-news/insolvent-payday-lender-faces-loan-book-deficit

The same DHR Capital.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2258182

Regards,John.

I found this on another site - it is not enforceable.

Last week I received a letter from BPO collections to advise me that they have been asked by Cash Choice UK limited to collect a repayment for a loan taken out in 2012.

I had never heard of Cash Choice UK Limited before and from the letter I managed to work out that a loan I had taken out in 2012 through Speed Credit was now claiming to be owned by Cash Choice.

This letter came as quite a surprise as since 2013 both myself and Payplan,

who I was using to run a debt management plan, had tried to contact the various companies who now claimed to own my original debt from Speed Credit,

which seemed to change quite frequently,

finding many attempts at communication and repayment to be unsuccessful.

I contacted BPO regarding this and they advised me that even though Cash Choice claimed I owed over £1000 I could repay the original loan amount of £400.

I explained the situation and lack of response from the previous owners of the debt to BPO and they agreed to put the account on hold whilst I contacted Payplan

and various other forms of support with this matter.

The most useful conversion I had that afternoon was with the Financial Conduct Authority.

The advised me that they couldn't check the original owners of the credit (Speed Credit, MCO Capital, Web Processing Ltd to name a few)

but they could check on Cash Choice and BPO to check they are authorised to own or collect this debt.

It turned out that Cash Choice UK Limited are not licensed by the FCA as this lapsed in February 2016 therefore cannot legally lend or own such debts.

Although BPO are a genuine company who are authorised by the FCA they couldn't collect this debt due to Cash Choice's lapse.

The very helpful lady at FCA gave me the registered phone number for BPO to check I was indeed contacting the legitimate company

which it turned out put me straight through to the managing director of BPO.

After explaining the information given by the FCA he took no time in looking into my information,

finding out it was indeed correct and closed the account and any attempt to reclaim this debt!

I have since received both and email and letter from BPO to confirm they have closed the account and apologised for contacting me,

If any one else has had the same issue then I hope that this information will help you to sort out your issues with unauthorised companies too!

you need to start a new thread

of your OWN

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Very well done for checking up on the scallywags.

These companies are relying on the 'moral' stance of people they chase - regardless of their 'moral' obligations to check that the records they receive are correct in the first place!