Dangerous driving motorcycle (wheelie)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Me and my freind were riding our bikes down the A 11 last week and we were pulled over near Snetterton race track. We were both reported for dangerous driving as there had been reports of two bikes wheeling on the A 11.

My freind admitted to wheeling as he did do it and didn't really know how to reply back to the copper as he was very manipulative and wanted to get a confession. I never once did a wheelie so denied the accusation but admitted to speeding as I knew I did speed I was sitting at 80 when he pulled behind us.

The problem me and my freind are having is we don't think they have got any evidence of a wheelie but he's already admitted it. My main question is do they need evidence to give my freind dangerous driving and myself when there was no copper or any car at all when he did a wheelie which I might add only lasted two seconds.

The copper never tried to prove anything and I thought if he did have proof he would of shown it to us. It seemed like he didn't have enough evidence to convict us of any dangerous riding so had to try his hardest to get my freind to admit his wheelie and tried getting me to admit a wheelie.

What can we expect to happen next as he wasn't very clear on what would be happening and frankly we are both in bits at the minute as we risk getting a ban through dangerous driving which neither of us obviously want.

Hope this makes sense many thanks.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Me and my freind were riding our bikes down the A 11 last week and we were pulled over near Snetterton race track. We were both reported for dangerous driving as there had been reports of two bikes wheeling on the A 11.

My freind admitted to wheeling as he did do it and didn't really know how to reply back to the copper as he was very manipulative and wanted to get a confession. I never once did a wheelie so denied the accusation but admitted to speeding as I knew I did speed I was sitting at 80 when he pulled behind us.

The problem me and my freind are having is we don't think they have got any evidence of a wheelie but he's already admitted it. My main question is do they need evidence to give my freind dangerous driving and myself when there was no copper or any car at all when he did a wheelie which I might add only lasted two seconds.

The copper never tried to prove anything and I thought if he did have proof he would of shown it to us. It seemed like he didn't have enough evidence to convict us of any dangerous riding so had to try his hardest to get my freind to admit his wheelie and tried getting me to admit a wheelie.

What can we expect to happen next as he wasn't very clear on what would be happening and frankly we are both in bits at the minute as we risk getting a ban through dangerous driving which neither of us obviously want.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I expect the forum guys will be along later with advice for you. I saw someone doing a wheelie on a French motorway recently and thought it looked really dangerous for the rider. I hope your friend won't try that again.

What did you sign for the policeman please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I expect the forum guys will be along later with advice for you. I saw someone doing a wheelie on a French motorway recently and thought it looked really dangerous for the rider. I hope your friend won't try that again.

What did you sign for the policeman please?

My best, HB

On the white piece of paper I signed I believe it said speeding... on my friends one it said wheeling... and no I can't even wheelie haha and would never try to on a public road I believe my freind had full control of his bike as he has been doing professional stunting for two years but it's no excuse for him I'm just not happy that I've been roped into something that he done.

So, your friend did pull a wheelie, and admitted to it.

Devious, manipulative copper, making someone admit to something they didn't do .... Oh, hang on, he did do it, didn't he?

Horrible nasty copper, nicking people for you know, committing offences .....

If you didn't pull a wheelie, and weren't driving dangerously, go to court and get them to prove you committed the offence if you feel you are not guilty.

If you were speeding, he got you "bang to rights" and you admitted it ... If you plead not guilty to dangerous riding, they may still prosecute for the speeding.

(What was the) ACPO guidelines suggest they can offer a speed awareness course for 82 or less (provided it was a 70 limit) BUT this doesn't mean they have to offer it.

We know what he did was illegal and we told the copper the truth we are not rude to the police and never have been as they do serve a purpose and have helped us out before.I also didn't mean to sound like I was bad mouthing the copper for doing his job but he was being very twisted with his words trying to confuse us for some reason (unsure why).

I wasn't expecting my freind to be let off or anything like that but I don't know if anyone has ever heard of the court changing dangerous driving to carless driving in court as that's what he's hoping for.

For myself I'm hoping they don't do me for dangerous driving and hoping I could prove that in court I know I was speeding and I'm not going to argue that with them I'm happy to take the fine for it even points I just couldn't handle a ban for doing nothing dangerous

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

We know what he did was illegal and we told the copper the truth we are not rude to the police and never have been as they do serve a purpose and have helped us out before.I also didn't mean to sound like I was bad mouthing the copper for doing his job but he was being very twisted with his words trying to confuse us for some reason (unsure why).

I wasn't expecting my freind to be let off or anything like that but I don't know if anyone has ever heard of the court changing dangerous driving to carless driving in court as that's what he's hoping for.

For myself I'm hoping they don't do me for dangerous driving and hoping I could prove that in court I know I was speeding and I'm not going to argue that with them I'm happy to take the fine for it even points I just couldn't handle a ban for doing nothing dangerous

Hello again.

You may need to wait to see if a summons turns up and what the alleged offence is to know how to approach this. However, I expect you will continue to receive views here, please keep checking. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum