• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Accused of drug use in my own home?!! ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2907 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is shocking so a report was obviously made to the council housing by the contractor and the council housings way of investigating it is to sit at a desk open your housing file and be judge and jury and accuse you with no proper investigation.

As this is Council Housing you need to follow the Housings Complaints Procedure to the end stage and if still not satisfied you may then approach the Housing Ombudsman:

http://www.yourphp.org.uk/complaints/

You need to make this a FORMAL COMPLAINT in writing to the council housing (keep everything in writing from now as you need to keep a good paper trail and ensure to get free proof of posting from the post office)

Further to your letter dated XX/XX/XXXX in which you issue a First Warning Letter to the Tenant of (insert property address) for "smoking cannabis".

As the said Tenant the warning has been issued to without a proper investigation and accused of "smoking cannabis" is a serious accusation to make and one which I must therefore DISPUTE until a proper investigation with all the facts to hand which so far I have been presented with none.

1. When did this incident take place?

2. How was this incident reported?

3. Who was the investigating housing officer for the incident?

4. What investigation into this incident did the Housing Officer carrying out and how many hours?

5. When is the accused Tenant given the opportunity to defend themselves against an allegation?

You also require copies of the following

1. Complaints Policy.

2. Customer Care Standards/Policy.

3. Anti Social Behavior Policy.

4. Copies of the evidenced used.

• Haha 1

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please remember to follow there complaints procedure to the end and if your are still not satisfied you can go to the Housing Ombudsman.

Also remember to title your letter "FORMAL COMPLAINT" this makes sure they know its a complaint and also that they have to record it as such on there formal records that are open to inspection when any formal inspection takes place.

Note: just for reference although this is Council Housing as such they are ultimately classed as a Registered Social Landlord (RSL) the exact same as a Housing Association would be classed and have to follow the exact same rule, regs, law.

Are you speaking to them in person (please take a witness and insist that the meeting is minuted and you are provided a copy (if they refuse you want this in writing but also ask yourself why did they refuse?)) if by telephone (please only do this if you can record the call)

Please keep us updated as I would certainly be challenging this.

Edited by stu007

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please let us know how this progresses but I would not mention anything to them about possible court action as the barriers will immediately go up and they will pass it to there Legal Team and if you try to go to the Housing Ombudsman also and they here of court action they will also not get involved as legal action is been taken.

That why I said about ensuring to follow there complaints procedure fully to the end which is stage 3 then if still not satisfied with the outcome to proceed to complain to the Housing Ombudsman.

IMO that Housing Officer has well stepped over the mark here and to use the Police as a scare tactic makes it even worse to back up her case with still no evidence.

If there are any further meetings could I suggest that you insist that they are only with a "Senior Housing Manager" and not this Housing Officer and everything must be recorded and both parties get copies. (the reason I say this is you need someone else to look at the case and not this HO to deal with her own case)

Something else to ask evidence of is what training in Drugs Misuse and specifically Cannabis has that Housing Officer had and what date was it carried out.

Edited by stu007

Also you use their own Policies and Procedures against them. (if they mention a specific policy or procedure them you simply ask to be provided with a copy of that policy or procedure).

When you get any of these documents:

1. Check when the document was approved.

2. Check if it has a Next Review Date. (has it passed that review date)

Now have a highlighter with you then slowly read through the document (thinking to yourself did the housing association do that) if they didnt highlight it and do this as you read the document.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi jackieandwayne

Just checking in to see how this is progressing?

• 5 weeks later...

HI

thanks for the update and you have nothing to be sorry for as your health is more important.

Just update us when you can now as for the other issue you are helping them with this incident log PDF may be useful:

Incident Log-with form fields -----.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi jackieandwayne

Oh you have had a time of it recently and I am glad you are better.

You could take this even further and I can totally understand your reasons and that your happy that is resolved now and your name cleared (which was all you wanted in the first place)

Thank you for taking the time to update us as I am sure this may help others and thanks to all who advised as well.

I will mark your thread 'Resolved'