FOS see increased complaints about rejected claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3503678/How-new-CD-player-torpedo-car-insurance-firms-refusing-pay-motorists-claims-basic-modifications-without-telling-them.html

It would seem Insurers are increasingly rejecting claims, due to Policyholders not declaring information relevant to the risk. If people are in doubt about anything that could affect the risk, they should phone the Insurers to discuss and either get written confirmation or make a full record.

The FOS report over 7,000 complaints about Motor Insurance, with 25,000 enquiries. People should be aware that the FOS do try to reduce the number of complaints they handle, by trying to filter out those they do not think have any merit or are not worth looking at. If people think their complaint is not being taken seriously by the FOS, they should obtain other advice by coming to consumer sites like CAG. Depending on the details, it could be worth pursuing in other ways. Remember that the FOS is funded by the financial services companies and has always been underfunded, so struggles to deal with the volume of complaints received. It is not unknown for some complaints to take well over a year to resolve.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just today I've had a claim refused... Sainsbury's Pet insurance for my dog started 5 years ago when he was 6 months old... The premium was £18 a month initially, which quickly incresed to the £56 I am paying now... this despite never having made a claim. They are refusing to pay as the claim was made out of time... I emailed them a year into his skin condition, saying that I might make a claim but they didn't get back to me and I had a cancer scare at the time and was also in litigation, attending court hearings etc... Im afraid I let things slip re the dog insurance claim...carried on paying the premiums AND the medication was costing me £55 per month... what an idiot I was... now out of pocket by hundreds of pounds... I would have been better off putting the money into a savings account... What a swindle it is! TB