capquest and skycard debt Should I bother

sameagle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Capquest have had my friends' old Skycard account for several years.

In 2012, I got her to write to Skycard, with a £1.00 cheque for the CCA - the [by return], letter stated, that "No records exist now", and the cheque was returned.

She had been paying CQ at the rate of one pound per month, so, knowing that there was no CCA, we requested one from them, [i love it when they are well screwed to start with!]

After 14 days we got the usual "We are sending for it/ account on hold/will not hear from us until we get your CCA", letter, so we put them in default and she stopped paying.

They had previously had a letter from her in 2010, telling them that all communications are to be via me, in writing, at my address, and now four years later, I am getting silent phone calls from them - last week and this week.

My friends Credit ref files from the "Big 3" are totally clean, we sent for them last month, just in case, but I suppose that "CQ" realise that the last two years are ticking.

Should I write to them, reminding them of the fact that they should only communicate in writing, or just keep jotting down the dates and times of these calls, and wait until they pass everything on to another bunch of no-hopers?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

If its not on any of the 3 cra files then i wouldnt risk starting the clock ticking again, let them ring and keep records of all attempted calls for a possible future harassment claim.

Keep an eye on the files also, just incase they try and sneak something back on them

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

OK thanks, will do that.

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Hi Sam,

I agree - I see no need for you to communicate just now.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)