Non fault accident - Their insurers want to settle with me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I was involved in an accident that wasn't my fault last night. They reversed their car into their drive and didn't see me as I was driving past and swung out into my car. There was a witness who saw it all.

I haven't informed my insurer yet but have already received a text message from the other party's insurer:

'Admiral ref.******* - We are sorry to hear you have been involved in an

accident with our insured. We would like to help with any damage caused

to save you claiming with your insurers, paying an excess and we will

also supply a free replacement vehicle to suit your needs - Please call

03303335531 ext 25256. Please note SMS responses are unmonitored'

Does this mean he has already admitted liability to his insurer? Is it safe to settle with his insurer and not inform mine so that I don't get stung with increased premiums? I have protected NCD.

Do I HAVE to inform my insurer?

Any help greatly apreciated :)

Hi there.

I was involved in an accident that wasn't my fault last night. They reversed their car into their drive and didn't see me as I was driving past and swung out into my car. There was a witness who saw it all.

I haven't informed my insurer yet but have already received a text message from the other party's insurer:

'Admiral ref.******* - We are sorry to hear you have been involved in an

accident with our insured. We would like to help with any damage caused

to save you claiming with your insurers, paying an excess and we will

also supply a free replacement vehicle to suit your needs - Please call

03303335531 ext 25256. Please note SMS responses are unmonitored'

Does this mean he has already admitted liability to his insurer? Is it safe to settle with his insurer and not inform mine so that I don't get stung with increased premiums? I have protected NCD.

Do I HAVE to inform my insurer?

Any help greatly apreciated :)

I suspect their policyholder has told Admiral they were at fault and described the accident. Based on this Admiral believe they are liable and are asking you to contact them to save on costs. This is quite standard. If you go through your own company, you would have an excess to pay and then have to mess around with claiming it back afterwards, which could take months. Also some Insurers hire car providers will charge costs, more than it would cost Admiral.

If you contact Admiral they will explain the process. If the car is not likely to be a write off, then they may arrange for it to be taken to an approved repairers and give you a hire car for the relevant period. You might have option of using local garage for repairs, but then you have to mess around getting quotes for Admiral to approve.

You still need to inform your own Insurers of this incident, as it is part of your history. If you fail to inform them, it might come up at a later date and cause problems.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the reply. Appreciated :)

I have phoned my insurer and they said that the text is standard procedure for some insurance companies if the other person has already admitted fault. They have taken details of the accident just for notification and advised me to ring Admiral and let them get the car fixed as it will be much quicker and easier.

I've now rung Admiral who have confirmed their client has admitted fault and they have put me in touch with the repairers so all good :)