Rossendales returning to collect goods on friday - CTAX debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i received a letter a couple of week ago from rossendales for a council tax debt of £491

i rang them and offered to pay £25 a week which would be a struggle

they refused it and said i had to pay £69 every week or they would take further action.

I tried to explain i couldnt afford it but they were having none of it.

I have paid £50 off the debt

£20 last week and £30 the week before

but the bailiffs had came when i was out today and now want £676.61

and will be returning on friday t says they will be removing goods even in my abscence.

Can they do this.

I dont know what to do i have tried to explain to them

and i rang my council who said they couldnt do anything now that it has been passed to them.

I thought it had to go to court before bailiffs could come.

I am trying to pay it but there is no physical way i can pay £69 per week

.Please help

only goods like garden stuff and in sheds or cars etc owned by you.

they have NO right of entry on CTAX debts

so don't fall for that old trick.

and don't let them in

what other non priority debts do you have?

drop some of the things like mobile phones

Sky TV etc

for a few weeks to get this killed off.

did you get the notice of enforcement letter and when.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I got the enforcemnet letter today thats the only letter i have had from them

which was hand delivered today by the bailiff.

They refused any offers i made and say i have to pay the £676.61 now

it was 496 when i got it as they had already added there £75 fee onto that.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i received a letter a couple of week ago from rossendales for a council tax debt of £491

i rang them and offered to pay £25 a week which would be a struggle they refused it and said i had to pay £69 every week or they would take further action.

I tried to explain i couldnt afford it but they were having none of it.

I have paid £50 off the debt, £20 last week and £30 the week before but the bailiffs had came when i was out today and now want £676.61 and will be returning on friday t says they will be removing goods even in my abscence.Can they do this.

I dont know what to do i have tried to explain to them and i rang my council who said they couldnt do anything now that it has been passed to them.

I thought it had to go to court before bailiffs could come. I am trying to pay it but there is no physical way i can pay £69 per week. Please help

Firstly, the council have taken the matter to court and a Liability Order has been granted.

The letter that you received a couple of weeks back would have been the Notice of Enforcement. A Compliance fee of £75 would have been added. The vast majority of local authorities prefer their enforcement companies to agree payment arrangements over a period of approx 3 months with the aim being to clear the debt before the new council tax year commences at the end of March/beginning of April. In your particualr case, the debt at that time was £491 and Rossendales appear to have wanted the debt cleared within 2 months (which is a bit harsh).

Because you have effectively 'defaulted' the account has been referred to the 'enforcement stage' . Unfortunately, this stage also adds an additional £235 to the debt. In order to provide you with suitable advice it will be necessary to ask you a few background questions:

Did you offer to provide Rossendales with an Income & Expenditure?

Are you single, married, etc etc?

Are you employed?

Are you in any way vulnerable (health wise)?

Do you (or your partner if you have one) have a motor vehicle? If so, it the car on finance?

I gave them an income and expenditure.

I am a single parent with 3 children one of which has adhd.

I am self employed and earn around 100 per week

however i have not had any earnings for the last 4 months as my cottages that i clean were quiet in novembe

r and then they were flooded in the floods in december.

I have a car but its not on finance its not worth much either,around £300 if im lucky.

Also when i first tried to make a repayment she said it had to be paid before the start of the new tax year so does that not mean they can give me until the beginning april to pay it as i am hoping i can borrow the money to pay it

This is one of the serious problems with the Taking Control of Goods.

On the surface of this case, the OP is not in a position to pay this debt at anywhere approaching the required timescale. For that they are punished by taking a hit for £235. Great for the

bailiffs and a disgrace by the Council.

Are you on benefits Lynzfa? Do the Council know your situation?

I recieve work and child tax credits as im self employed. They are aware of my situation and told me to speak to the bailiffs which was a waste of time they just want the money

Make sure that even when your home, that all doors are kept locked, as if unlocked they will just walk in.

No matter what rubbish they tell you about coming back with a Locksmith, or claims you will be arrested, either for non payment or for "obstructing" them by not letting them in are complete lies. They often will claim powers, or possibilities of what could happen to you that are complete fabrications.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recieve work and child tax credits as im self employed. They are aware of my situation and told me to speak to the bailiffs which was a waste of time they just want the money

You need to write to the Councils head of revenues with full details of your financial situation and that them insisting on dealing with an Enforcement company is making your situation impossible. The enforcement agent is making demands for payment which are impossible to meet. That you are willing to enter into affordable payments and are asking for the councils help. Advise the council, that you will ask tbe Local Government Ombudsman to intervene if necessary to get to a satisfactory position.

Keep doors locked. Keep the car away from the house so it cannot be used as a hostage. Make sure there is nothing outside of yours of any value.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Good advice so far, but it is an issue with the Regulations that they seem to need need payments to settle within a financial year, it seems some bailiffco's are rejecting all offers of payment affordable to the debtor to trigger the visit and claim the £235 Enforcement Fee. I would be inclined to follow UB's advice. Remenber as Caled says, no right of entry unless you let them in, and it would be a very bad idea to do so.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!