Employment Tribunal: Scott Schedule - how much detail?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am in the midst of a complex Employment Tribunal. A bit of background:

- I am claiming discrimination - Failure to make reasonable adjustments and Discrimination arising from disability

- I am self representing

- I originally submitted my ET1 with a 'headlines' version of allegations (to fit in the box)

- I was asked to expand on my allegations by the Judge at my CMD. I did this and the resulting ET1 clarification is 15 pages long

- The Respondent has now conceded that I am disabled

The Respondent has asked for a Scott schedule to be drafted, with explanation of which PCPs were applied to me and how they substantially disadvantaged me. I have agreed to do this.

My query is :

Given the amount of detail that has already been lodged in my ET1, how detailed does the Scott schedule need to be? Do I need to go into detail about how each PCP affected me, and why, or do I keep it brief? I assume that the ET1 is still looked at and is not superseded by the Scott schedule. Is that correct?

Thank you for any thoughts.

Hi,

It is my understanding that a Scott schedule is for you to put a claim on how much you estimate putting into place it would have cost the respondent, to put right,material, needed because of your disability, to enable you to work, but for your disability, if that was the case.

Its just a schedule and would not supersede what you have already identified under your ETI, the fact that the respondent has now agreed that you have a disability, , you have done very well.

It is not for you to demonstrate what the respondent should have put in place to aid your disability, but if they could have been more proactive in making your work more easier, because of your disability, just list the items that would have made it more probable than not, as to work.

It may well be the case, that they did not need to adapt anything, it still no excuse to dismiss you or anyone else for that matter because of a disability, good luck.