No knowledge of ccj

Wizzywoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have never been great at using forums but wondered if anyone had any knowledge on ccj's ?

In short myself and my partner applied for a mortgage today only to be told my partners account was a problem. Checked with Equifax and there was a ccj registered in Jan 2015 against him.

We have lived at the same address nearly 11 years and have never ever received any letters or demands about any type of debt.

It doesn't say on Equifax what it is in relation to, just that its for £1000. My partner doesn't know what it is (not great I know ) or thinks it could be an old balance on a vodaphone bill which was from 5-6 years ago at least and it was a small balance from a business use phone and he was waiting for charges to be removed. Basically an old bill no where near £1000. But nothing has been sent or we would have paid it off especially if we had know they would send it to court. His fault for leaving it but shortly we should have been notified about this.

Anyway this is a huge stressful issue for us as its a family move and it will cause problems and I wondered if we could do anything to get rid of this ccj on his credit report. We can pay it and would have oId it if we had known about it. Sadly I can't afford to get the full mortgage on my own.

Please help ?

Thank you

Does it have the court reference number and the name of the court? If so, you should call the court and asked them for copies of all the documents to be sent you by email if possible.

Quicker and more reliable would be for you to search the register of County Court judgements http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself and get a copy emailed to you from there.

I think it cost you £10 and at least you know where you are and you can get it tonight.

When you find out what it's all about come here and we can advise you further.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread