Personal guarantee for trading loses in a message

Darquan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been starting up stock trading with an expert mentor whose made millions doing it. I clocked up some loses £20k and despite some success loses are increasing. When at £20k he told me "I guarantee you will get that back", in a message (we are in contact continuously).

I'm guessing this would not be sufficient to pursue legal means to recover loses should it become an issue?

If its possible at all, what would be required for a guarantee written in a message to be legally enforceable? Can I have an example of such a message in this context?

Thanks!

I have been starting up stock trading with an expert mentor whose made millions doing it. I clocked up some loses £20k and despite some success loses are increasing. When at £20k he told me "I guarantee you will get that back", in a message (we are in contact continuously).

I'm guessing this would not be sufficient to pursue legal means to recover loses should it become an issue?

If its possible at all, what would be required for a guarantee written in a message to be legally enforceable? Can I have an example of such a message in this context?

Thanks!

I am concerned . if as you say he has made millions doing it why does he have to mentor you and are you paying him for this as well .

Edited by postmn
additional info
  • Haha 1

Thanks!

What proof is there that he made these millions? Is he even a real person? What advice did you take before working with him. Does he have permissions to act as a financial advisor?

I have this horrible feeling that this guy is using you for the money and not actually investing in anything.

As this could be a tricky matter, would you care to name this trader via Private Message so that checks can be made.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

What proof is there that he made these millions? Is he even a real person? What advice did you take before working with him. Does he have permissions to act as a financial advisor?

I really do hope that the OP took advice from a qualified and registered IFA and isn't using something that he found on the internet. If it was something like gtrader, then the money has gone, and there is very little chance of getting any of it back.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.