Reassessment pending ESA appeal

Osiris01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Hopefully there's someone out there that can help me make sense of my situation. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression which prevents me, almost completely, from going out or having any social interaction (the last time I left the house was 3 months ago to attend my WCA). I had to move back in with my parents last August because I couldn't manage on my own. I applied for ESA in August 2015 and subsequently scored 6 points at the WCA in October. I applied for mandatory reconsideration which resulted in an additional 6 points (total 12) being awarded. I applied for appeal in Dec 2015 and my ESA payments were reinstated 3 days ago.

However, today I received another ESA50. The timing of this seems more than a coincidence and I am unsure of the process that follows. Since I am pending an appeal hearing (I don't have a date yet), what happens if/when I fail the medical again? I can understand the DWP reassessing people who have been accepted for ESA (after a reasonable period of time), but I can't find any instance of a reassessment being carried out prior to an appeal, particularly since it has only been 3 months since my last one. I, like most, have had a pretty rotten experience of the DWP and I can't help but suspect that this reassessment is some backhand tactic. I also find them extremely distressing since being interrogated by someone I don't know in a place outside of my home is an almost guaranteed panic attack.

Can anyone tell me if i am just being paranoid, or is there something more sinister at foot. Are they trying to trip me up? If I fail the reassessment, will I still receive ESA payments until my appeal?

Many thanks for your time.

Edited by Osiris01
typo

I'm going to guess that this is a complete error by someone, and they've treated your ESA being reinstated as a new claim for some reason.

Phone them, or get someone to do it for you.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thanks RMW.

Despite the fact that they have made numerous errors at every stage of the process, it never even occurred to me that they had sent it in error. I shall ring later (just received 4 brown envelopes this morning - it's like Xmas all over again!).

Cheers

O

:lol:. Yes, it did slip my mind. However, the letters I received today have kept me occupied. One telling me I am getting paid from the 12th Nov, one telling me I'm not, and the other one telling me I'm not getting paid for the first 7 days of a new claim (which implies RMW's reply is right - thanks again). The last one was a p45. :frusty:. Hey-ho.

It really is breathtaking. My expectations are now so low, very little they do actually surprises me any more. A couple of weeks ago they told me my allowance was to be reinstated by a 'same day' payment. When that didn't materialise I called them again and was told it would take up to 28 working days to reinstate my payments (naturally, I offered them my assistance if they needed help to press the button). September 2015 I received a letter telling me that if I did not send in a sick note by May 2015, my money would stop?? It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Anyway, thanks for your help folks.

one thing going by the OP another person can clear this up I thought if your ESA claim was made after march 2015 - new rules you don't get ESA pending appeal is this right or wrong either way seems they made a mess up cant see how you get another WCA if your appealing