Another Harlands/Exercise for less

biscwits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am sorry for yet another thread on the same companies...I have been reading through a lot of them and it seems a common theme, but I struggled to see one that suited my case.

So, I went to the gym for 13-14 months. When I was due to finish I asked the guy in there if once id finished my 12 month term I was OK to cancel my direct debit. the reply was 'yeah your only tied in for 12 month'

So I then cancelled my direct debit and started at my new gym. I received letter from harlands saying the direct debit had failed and I now owed them the months fee plus a £25 admin fee. I tried to ring them a couple of times but ended up hanging up after being on hold for so long.

Today I received another letter stating admin fees had been added bringing it up to 69.98. If I do not call and pay by 14 Jan then it will be passed to a debt recovery company....significant fees.... court action.

I rang them and they said I need EFL to send the confirmation of cancellation. I Rang them they said there was no notice and nobody there would have advised me as I state.

Therefore no letter to prove I cancelled.

thankyou for any advice in advance

Biscwits

Hi Biscwits and welcome to CAG

Do not phone Harlands/CRS ever as it's a waste of time. They'll only ever tell you what THEY want and you'll hear nothing that'll benefit you one bit.

Ignore Harlands/CRS completely for now. They can add on all the admin fees they like but this does NOT make them lawful or enforceable.

I'd write to Harlands Leeds Head Office to say :-

1. I followed the gym staff's advice about cancelling back in [month] 2015.

2. When I contacted the gym about Harlands/CRS making demands, the gym staff have said I would not have been told what I was, effectively accusing me of lying .

3. I am now being harassed by Harlands/CRS who are demanding increasing amounts.

4. I now require that you tell Harlands/CRS to cease all demands, phone calls, text messages, etc.

5. I require your written confirmation that this matter is closed, failing which I will make formal complaints about Xercise4Less to Trading Standards and The CMA.

You could also use X4Less Twitter or Facebook pages to complain that the gym staff have misled or misinformed you and are now leaving you at the mercy of Harlands/CRS.

:-)

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

You're very welcome and keep us posted.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

OK So iv now had the CRS letter as expected,

MY balance is now at 104.97 and due to be paid in full by no later than 30 january 16.

Harlands would like to resolve this matter before further action is needed. However, under your agreement with Harlands you have promised to pay this debt. If you continue to refuse to honour that commitment, Harlands will have no option but to take legal steps to collect the outstanding balance.

it would have been cheaper to keep the membership!!

Hi Biscwits,

Ignore this from Harlands/CRS.

Wait for a reply from X4Less. Give them a nudge on Twitter or Facebook saying you're waiting for their reply and being harassed by Harlands/CRS, just like hundreds of others according to the Consumer Action Group.

• 1 month later...

Ok so seems like forever between posts.. but a new letter today.

CRS again, account balance 171.47

WE WANT TO REACH AN AMICABLE RESOLUTION WITH YOU

Three options, basically....

1. pay the arrears and set up new DD and they will welcome me back into the gym.

2.You believe youve cancelled your membership, we understand and well listen to your reasons and do everything we can to resolve the account in line with your membership terms.

3. your experiencing financial dificulties - we can work that out.

We'll cease letters for 7 days so please call us on blah blah

Rob Avery.

Hi Biscwits,

Sorry, I've just noticed my error in post #2 above. You should have written to X4Less Head Office in Leeds, not Harlands as I incorrectly posted.

Who did you send the letter to ?

Ignore Harlands/CRS for now.

• 4 weeks later...

4 months in.... thank you for your help so far, sorry for the lack of update regarding the letter. I did actually send it to harlands :( but it has never been referenced by them.

I have however now received a further CRS letter.

CRS Ref xxxx-xxx

E4L Ref xxxx-xxx

We regret that despite our attempts to reach an amicable resolution to your account, you remain in arrears to X4L.

We must therefore give notice that failing to reply to this letter within the next 10 days will result in your account balance being passed over to the zinc group limited, one of the UK's leading debt recovery solutions.

WE WOULD STILL LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER

We're still happy to listen to your reasons ect call us on 01444449165 by no later than April 25th so we can discuss further.

Rob Avery

Its actually starting to bother me now :( Im sick of coming home to these letters and wondering what the next will say. I have never had a single credit issue before but as a single parent any added stress is seriously not needed!

Hi Biscwits,

Ignore the latest from Harlands/CRS. Don't worry about this affecting your CRA files - it won't !!

Don't let this stress you at all - that's precisely what they want. Just remember, they DON'T do any of the stuff they threaten, apart from pass the matter on to Zinc and Spratt Endicott, neither of whom do anything when challenged or ignored !!

Send the letter to X4Less Head Office now, and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO.