Arrow Global-Living in Ozz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a default account with MBNA dated 31/08/10 for a credit card account opened 31/10/97 which has been sold to Arrow Global on 15/02/12.

I wrote to Arrow Global to tell them that I do not recognise the £ amount that they are chasing and also that I currently live in Australia, with full residency, in order that they do not try and lodge a CCJ as I am no longer living in the UK.

Today I had an email from them '' Please find enclosed of a copy of the statement showing all transactions on this account. At this time we are unable to obtain a copy of your Consumer Credit agreement fromthe original creditor. This account will not be subject to collection activity until such time as the document becomes available''

I never paid for or formally requested a CCA.

My question is if they have said that they have asked for one from the original creditor and it is not forthcoming, will they be subject to the normal 'default' even thoughI have not requested this information myself?

Really appreciate some clarity!!

Thnaks

Hi,

I have a default account with MBNA dated 31/08/10 for a credit card account opened 31/10/97 which has been sold to Arrow Global on 15/02/12.

I wrote to Arrow Global to tell them that I do not recognise the £ amount that they are chasing and also that I currently live in Australia, with full residency, in order that they do not try and lodge a CCJ as I am no longer living in the UK.

Today I had an email from them '' Please find enclosed of a copy of the statement showing all transactions on this account. At this time we are unable to obtain a copy of your Consumer Credit agreement fromthe original creditor. This account will not be subject to collection activity until such time as the document becomes available''

I never paid for or formally requested a CCA.

My question is if they have said that they have asked for one from the original creditor and it is not forthcoming, will they be subject to the normal 'default' even thoughI have not requested this information myself?

Really appreciate some clarity!!

Thnaks

Standard letter being used, but does not relate to you, as you have not made a statutory request for the CCA, therefore the account is not in default in that regard.

I reckon that they have just put the account on hold and won't chase it themselves for the time being. Don't rule out the debt being sold in to another DCA at some point, so keep copies of all documents, emails.

If you have not paid anything or acknowledged the debt or there has been no CCJ since the default in 2010, then it will become statute barred next year, so can longer be enforced in court. Perhaps the recent letter means they have put it in the same pile as other debts they can't collect on.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi thanks for your speedy reply! Is it a standard letter if it had an attachment showing all the transactions on the account since 1997?

Also I have told them that I querried the amount and have contacted them while in Ozz, so I have had contact.

What if say 4 months down the line they email over the CCA?

Cheers

J

Hi thanks for your speedy reply! Is it a standard letter if it had an attachment showing all the transactions on the account since 1997?

Also I have told them that I querried the amount and have contacted them while in Ozz, so I have had contact.

What if say 4 months down the line they email over the CCA?

Cheers

I reckon they just treated your request like a CCA req and the letter was generic including the statement of account, as that is all the info they had.

If they find the CCA, they still cannot enforce it, as you are not resident in the UK. I don't think they will be looking for it, given that it would be a waste of time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Oh ok. The only potential issue is that I may be starting a new job in the UK in August next year, and would really not want them on my case..

They won't unless you tell them, you are returning.

These debt companies have tens of thousands of debts on their books. Tilda living in OZ would not be a priority debt, as they cannot enforce it. If you came back before August or started registering finances before August in the UK at a UK address, then this could be flagged and a court claim issued. But i don't think they would be that organised to do it so quickly. They would still need the original CCA to gain a CCJ, if you defended any claim.