Unauthorised purchases

keates
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Surprise, surprise...........................Barclays say that their automated system cannot pick up ALL 'out of character' transactions! They actually missed over NINETY transactions over a period of SIX weeks even when the transactions sent the account into overdraft! They offered a £50 'goodwill' payment

Hi Keates,

I'd reject their offer and escalate the complaint to the London HQ.

I'd also look into complaining using Twitter if they have this.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you,

I did reject the £50 offer but they had already credited it to my daughters account.

I have also rejected their decision but they are trying to say that my only other resolution with them

is to complain that it was fraud and then they went on to say that would then involve the police and my Grandson getting into trouble!

A clever move on their part meant to scare me and put me off

I have said that I won't be sidetracked from the point I was complaining about

and that is that they should have picked up on the 'out of character' transactions

and that these had caused the account to go into overdraft.

I will post on Twitter as you suggest.

Thanks again

Fraud is fraud whether you're of relation or not, so they have every right to say that

- it's not to scare you off.

He is 17 and more than likely knows the value of money and definitely is of age for prosecution.

I do understand it's highly unlikely for a parent to press charges on their son but it's equally as wrong to put the blame on the bank

for their son committing fraudulent activity on their card.

I completely sympathize with the situation but an Xbox was bought on a debit card and all the transactions came off said debit card,

so I can't really see why this would be picked up by the fraud team.

I think you've missed the point but not to worry, I still think Barclays has failed in it's duty of care in not identifying 'out of character' transactions and your argument that because an item is paid for on a debit card then it is reasonable to expect numerous other payments to the same company doesn't hold water but thanks for taking the time to give your opinion anyway.