Adrian Flux Car Insurance Cancellation - Monthly Payments

ASupertramp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am hoping someone could give me an idea as to where I stand, although I think it's probably nowhere...

I renewed my car insurance with Adrian Flux in August, £830 for the policy and £200 to pay monthly by direct debit (premium credit).

I would now like to cancel my policy as I've been quoted £270 (with the same underwriter!!), a saving of £560, eye watering amounts of money.

I rang to see how I go about cancelling. I was told that I would owe the rest of the 12 months remaining balance minus the three I have already paid. However, my insurer would effectively pay a proportion of this...

Ultimately, I owe £152. I have paid three £100 instalments, so £452 for two months insurance. Surely this is too much? How do I go about challenging this or am I stuck paying the final £152?

Thank you.

Edited by ASupertramp

Ask for a breakdown of the cancellation and an explanation of why they are charging so much more than you can obtain from the same underwriter. You could say that the Daily Mail have expressed interest in your situation, but that you don't want to be featured in a news story, if Adrian Flux can resolve, looking at the charges and why the rates they apply are more than those available with the same underwriter. AF might not be keen on bad publicity and may want to resolve. Worth a try.

What happens in terms of pricing is that large brokers buy underwriting at a wholesale rate for the risks they cover. It is then down to whoever does AF's pricing to set a rate which is charged to their customers. Sometimes they don't get it right or they are massively different to what is available elsewhere with the same underwriter. If the risk is the same and the policy benefits are the same, the pricing analyst at AF's has not managed to achieve a rate which is at least within a reasonable percentage of being competitive. It is not against any rules, as customers should shop around. But it is embarrassing if they are too different.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Traditionally there is no refund on Classic Car Policies or a very large percentage of the premium is retained by the Insurers.

As uncle has mentioned, ask for a breakdown of charges and fees.

It's always worth making an "Official Complaint" as it will cost you nothing and Insurers/brokers will often waive lots of the costs