UKPC claim form received - help **UKPC BEATEN AGAIN**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am a tenant living a block of flats.

I have received at least 20 parking charge notices

The main reason stated on the parking charge notice is" not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space within bay marking".

After their initial letter and final reminders and DR agent letter, I have received a letter from their small claims solicitor stating: we act for UKPC and are instructed to recover the charges shown below incurred by you in relation to the parking of your vehicle

The total is £900 ( 6 x £150)

Im sure I will receive at least two or even three more of these as my notices are at least 20 ( ie a total of maybe £2700-£3000).

Im panicking now.

My worry is that I was parked on private land managed by the management company. I am a tenant not the owner of the flat.

However, as we have two cars, but one car space, I parked within the perimeters of the property,

but somewhere where I had never caused an obstruction.

Whats really astonishing is that I have even received 2 charges on a single day, within 12 hours.

I have also received 4 on four consecutive days inclusdng te weeknd when I was off work.

I want to emphasise the difference between my case and others who have very kindly posted theirs on this site in that:

1. I was parked in a non designated parking area on the private property I live in, rather than the parking bay

2. I have not appealed any of the claims.

The thought of £900, and even more, if they are successful is stressing me out. Cant sleep. Cant focus on work

Tried citizens advice bureau, but not much of help. Tried calling some solicitors, but they aren't that interested. Tried rip off Britain and waiting.

I feel all doors are closed o me and I will end up in court and lose. Im doomed and gloomed I feel.

Pleas please please advise. I would really be very very appreciative.

Many thanks

Mo

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi momal and Welcome to CAG

Who are their Small Claims Solicitors...name company number ?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The following thread should be of interest to you....from what I gather they very rarely litigate.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?436199-APCOA-threaten-with-letter-from-Small-Claims-Solicitors

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy

I will have a detailed look

only concern is I wasn't parked in a non desingnated space though not obstructing anyone. if I was in my bay without a permit I would worry less, but am slightly concerned.

Im reading that link you have me

bay markings mean absolutely nothing on private land. You have a permit anyway, so that supercedes ANYTHING that the PPC might try and say or do. Just tell them you had a permit and to do one.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Spaces don't matter. Neither does anything they say. You live there. You have a permit. The bay markings are nothing but graffiti. They know this and hope you don't.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks renegade

on a slightly different note, I have been fined at least 20 times. I have noticed that there is a car parking exactly like myself but he/she has never got a ticket. why aren't the UKP applying the same rule to everyone? is that fair?

You haven't been fined once. You've only received speculative invoices. I certainly hope you've never paid a penny to them. If you have, then that's likely the reason they keep chasing you. You're easy money to them.

no I haven't paid but the stress levels are thru the roof; what really irritates me is that sumeone else parking exactly under same conditions doesn't even get a notice; I heard from neighbours that he confronted the attendant once and so they are scared of giving him any; .0

Small claims solicitors are a trading name for LPC Law. It is their rent a solicitor letter heading that they charge PPCs/debt collectors to use.

It is just another debt collector letter.

With the amount of tickets you have, then it would be worth taking you to court. But only UKPC can do that or the landowner.

What is the letter chain and time frame for each one ? NTD on windscreen then....

Thanks Armadillo71

that's exactly what frightens me; I think the amount I owe may be worth their efforts to take me to court

im just worried whatat defence I have

tickets ranging from july, august, septmeber; stupidly I just kept ignoring them

and its ukpc who will probably take me to court

I doubt very much it will go to court. They probably won't be around much longer;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?451774-UKPC-and-fraudulent-Photographic-quot-Evidence-quot

In fact, as you have so many, then I think you should check with the DVLA that they got your personal details for each and every one

before they were denied access to the database.

email -ccrt@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

Customer Complaint Resolution Team

D16W

DVLA

Swansea

SA6 7JL

I know UKPC can no longer use DVLA but:

Are they still allowed to carry out their business as fraud against the public has been proven

Has the regulator placed any restrictions on them so they cannot trade or carry out day to day business??

If not, why not??

Edited by obiter dictum

momal, admin have received your email regarding being unable to post on threads - can you please let me know which threads you are having issues with ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks Arma

Everytome I have received a notice its the correct registration number of my car, and I only have one car.

do they need to actually go to DVLA everytime to get the name of the registered keeper ( which is me) if they already know its me who is the registred keeper.

i would have thought once is enough for them. How will me checking with DVLA about every notice going to make the difference? please advise :)

Thanks team

its working now

regards

Mo

Is it tool late to write to UKPC about all the notices I have from July, august, and september. Given that they have already gone to Small claims solicitors, i fear that no reply may just strnegthen their case.

Can you advise how to reply to at least 20 PCNs please

Im really grateful for all your replies.

Im just preparing for all eventualities, one of them being the remote chance of them taking me to court. You never know, but they may just decide to do so in my case because of the amounts involved;

My next question therefore is

i will be out orf the country bewteen 18-30 december;

can small courts hearings be conducted whilst im there or can i tell the court that im unavailable.

If the court hearings are between those dates and Im abroad then they will win; so can i ask for postponment from the court

Im also changing address on december the 10th.

Do i need to tell UKPC of that for any future correspondence regarding the PCNs

, or is it best just not to give them my new address and let things fade out

Thanks Arma

Everytome I have received a notice its the correct registration number of my car, and I only have one car. So do they need to actually go to DVLA everytime to get the name of the registered keeper ( which is me) if they already know its me who is the registred keeper. i would have thought once is enough for them. How will me checking with DVLA about every notice going to make the difference? please advise :)

Yes, every ticket issued. How do they know the RK is the same for every date they issue a ticket?

For every NTK you received, a request must be made to the DVLA for RK details at the date of event.

If they haven't then there is no keeper liability and they must be reported to the DVLA and BPA.

Please check with the DVLA asap.

Dear Arma

you are extremely extremely helpful and Im very appreciative.

Im aware that DVLA suspended UKPC late in September, ie they don't issue them anymore with info re the RK

however, many of my PCNs are from July and August and only a few in early September

Are you implying that they have only asked the DVLA once for the RK and then assumed thereafter that Im the RK?

Are you also implying that if I were to challenge them with tis, now that they are suspended they can no longer get the details of the RK on all those dates?

UKPC and some of the people working for them are ' dodgy ', that is proven.

I would assume that the person dishing out tickets knows/guesses that the same person parks the car there and also lives there.

So after the first couple of DVLA requests, then they maybe just used the same RK details for subsequent NTKs... They seem like a company that could do that.

But I might be wrong, which is why you need to check with the DVLA.

Dear UKPC

I am writing to you to discuss the multiple parking notices that I have received.

I have also received a letter from your small claims solicitors dated 15/10/2015 outlying the various fines

I strongly would urge you to put the later on hold and engage in discussion with me to discuss the matter.

I unfortunately have called a few times by phone and asked to speak to your legal department but been denied that.

Today, I called and spoke with XXXXX in general enquiries. I asked to speak to your legal department but was not allowed. instead I was advised to write to them.

Fiona informed me that after speaking to a colleague of hers, she will not be transferring me to the legal team.

I must emphasise that at this stage I am wanting to discuss the small claims solicitors issues as well as all my parking notices with you, as it is best to avoid the courts.

I would again urge you to put the small claims solicitors proposition for going to court, until I have had the opportunity to lodge a thorough appeal to you.

My details

My Address

references: 1909xxx, 19xxxxx, 19xxxxx, 192xxxx, 192xxxx, 193xxxx all relating to my address

Please don't hesitate to contact me if this is not clear

Kind regards

I stupidly decided after a long time to draft this letter and send it to them. Never contacted them prior to this.

I guess I panicked

Now Im thinking whether Ive made a mistake in the wording and whether im admitting anything here

unfortunately this was the advice given to me by RAC foundation

Any thoughts

Dear UKPC

I am writing to you to discuss the multiple parking notices that I have received.

I have also received a letter from your small claims solicitors dated 15/10/2015 outlying the various fines

I strongly would urge you to put the later on hold and engage in discussion with me to discuss the matter.

I unfortunately have called a few times by phone and asked to speak to your legal department but been denied that.

Today, I called and spoke with XXXXX in general enquiries. I asked to speak to your legal department but was not allowed. instead I was advised to write to them.

Fiona informed me that after speaking to a colleague of hers, she will not be transferring me to the legal team.

I must emphasise that at this stage I am wanting to discuss the small claims solicitors issues as well as all my parking notices with you, as it is best to avoid the courts.

I would again urge you to put the small claims solicitors proposition for going to court, until I have had the opportunity to lodge a thorough appeal to you.

My details

My Address

references: 1909xxx, 19xxxxx, 19xxxxx, 192xxxx, 192xxxx, 193xxxx all relating to my address

Please don't hesitate to contact me if this is not clear

Kind regards

X

:noidea:

What is all that about?

my naivety

essentially when I received the small claims solicitors letter, I panicked and got worried. the started reading the beavis v parking eye and thought that im really gonna get taken to court. I hadn't replied or appealed to any of my tickets.

So I called various legal services and eventually was told to contat RAC foundation

very nice and helpful lady advised that I write to them and offer a dispute resolution etc and reduced fee offer without resource to the courts.

I guess I was naïve and went ahead wit this letter, just to show UKPC that Im not ignoring them

Now really not sure where to go next and what step to take

stupid me