Ex-Pat, Pensions & Taxation

Queens_king
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

As I am about to claim my UK government pension I have calculated that I will be well over the UK Tax Allowances for the next year. As I will not be entering the UK at any time in the future with the exception of a short holiday I would like to be taxed in the country of residence, that being the Philippines

I have visited the HMRC / Gov web sites but it seems to be deliberately garbled to bamboozle people. Am I correct that in assuming I am required to submit the "Residence, Remittance Basis" form. No point in submitting the R85 form as the banks here would not know what it is

As for the current tax year I would have overpaid by quite a sum due to PPI claims interest being withheld. What is the form for reclaiming this issue please. I understand that the refund is not made until around May / June next year but trying to get5 things sorted before it happens

Thanks in advance for any help provided

I realise this question was prompted by the pension issue, but it seems to be more about tax matters. I'll move this to the HMRC sub forum - hopefully you should get some more answers there.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

HB

No taxation for people aged 65 and over no matter that the money is from the UK unless pension is more than 4m peso (about £50k) pa hence the question

Not really willing to telephone tax office at a huge cost. Has anyone got an email address for them.