Sky moving people onto charged add-on in price changes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, generally I am a supporter of sky,

BUT

alongside the £1 increase in line rental (heck they all are) sky are removing the included calls effectively reducing the worth of the package in addition to raising its cost.

Now as if the double whammy there wasn't bad enough they are 'automatically' moving people on to an additionally charged calls package - as that gives the nearest call package to the free included ones you had.

How are they notifying folk of this - buried in the detail of what superficially looks like just another rubbish mail shot.

and to add further insult to injury, the link in the letter to tell them to get some sage, onion and breadcrumbs and apply ... doesn't work.

AND of course the phone line are all blocked up with folk telling them to pull their sphincter over their head and whistle dixie.

Surely automatically moving folk onto a charged add-on package is illegal - its certainly immoral.

Ah well, positive side is many can use the changes to walk away from your contract with them and take up someone elses.

Darned disgraceful.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

Use the fact you can walk away as a bargening chip. If they want you to stay make them pay :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Use the fact you can walk away as a bargening chip. If they want you to stay make them pay :D

Absoluetely.

So those who have just had their cashback after a transfer to Sky let Sky give them incentives which really should at least cover the increase to stay, or get more cashback by leaving for somewhere else penalty free.

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

I'm on a 12 month minimum term contract with them. about 8 months left. Anything I can do?

I'm no expert, and you haven't clarified what your 12 month contract is for, but you should be able to ring up and cancel a phone/intertnet contract with them based on the line rental price rise and 'features' change as long as you have them as a package (Not separately negotiated deals) no matter how long is left - as long as it wasn't a recent sign-up where they informed you there would be a price rise.

I dont believe you can cancel your Sky TV; if you have it; unless you have confirmed at every stage the deal you have is a complete package deal. I always negotiate a package.

You will probably lose any package discounts if you cancel part - which would actually confirm they were a package - LOL

- VM always seem to claim that and come unstuck when you point it out to them - in writing.

Sorry, I just have the phone and fiber internet. I have "Sky" TV, but not using a "sky" box... :wink:

To be honest, not worth me bothering with. I don't use the phone, there is no phone connected. And it works really well at the moment. don't want to go thought the hassle over £1 a month. Already save £120 a month by *not* having their sky package.