style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me!

I told the sales assistant I needed a corner sofa for a specific area and she directed me to a sofa in store

I was also looking for a dining table with chairs so looked around and was not 100% on anything I saw despite her making many attempts to close the deal.

I decided to look around before I was 100% on the dining table that I had chosen.

The sales assistant said she would place both order of the sofa and dining table for me on hold and I could call and tell her what I had decided the next day.

I went home and looked at the sofa again online,

saw the dimensions of the left arm facing corner sofa I had picked online advertised as 289cm which would fit in the area like the assistant had said.

I called her and said I would go ahead with the sofa but not the dining table.

The sofa was custom made and was delivered on Tuesday the 20th of October - it is too large for my living room space!

When I saw it in store and saw the measurements online I was confident that the information I was given was accurate and it would fit!

scrolling down the dfs website in more detail now I see that the measurements are wrong on the first sofa (the one I had picked left arm facing) and if you look at right arm facing (which is not what I wanted so I did not pay much attention to it then)..there are added measurements!

I am annoyed that I was misled by the website and assistant!

But I know I should have known better looking at the sofa in store :(

What makes matters worse is the sofa arrived faulty!

The delivery man took photos and said that it should be ok after a couple of days (something about the material being compressed during delivery and it should expand back.. which it hasn't)

but he would let the store know

. I received a phone call saying the manager would come to my house on the 9th of November which is 20 days after the delivery date!

I emailed customer services with these details and an attachment of the website dimension details, saying the 9th is far too long to wait for a response and they said the store manager would contact me, I have yet to be contacted.

After reading many unhappy customer posts I am very worried that this issue will not be resolved and I will be stuck with a sofa that is far too large for my living room!!

Do I have a case and is there anything I can do to resolve this matter quickly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

zozi