PPI Question regarding status barred account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have an account with an outstanding balance still owing which is now status barred as it is 6 years since I last made a payment

, I originally CCA the original solicitor for the bank whom stated they could not located the CCA so the account remained in dispute,

about two years later they then sold it to a DCA to which I wrote to them stating that the account was still in dispute with the original solicitor for the bank as they could not locate my CCA and sent the DCA copies of the letters I'd sent to banks solicitor and their reply so I was a bit perplexed as to how they could sell it on when it was still in dispute.

another two years pasts by and then out of the blue I received another letter from the DCA stating they now owned the debt and asking for my proposals for payment,

again I sent them the same reply as before as regards the account being in dispute or to provide a cca to which I have heard nothing since.

Question is

I know full well that I had a good amount of PPI attached to this loan but would I be implicating myself by putting in a claim for PPI or does the status barred scenario only take into account when the last payment was made and therefore not implicate me for applying for PPI on the account

I also had allot more loans with this bank with ppi which I paid up in full, but I don't want to rock the boat if this will null and void the status barred ruling on the account that was still outstanding and leave the door open for the DCA to be able to reopen the case as I have heard that if you contact the bank regarding PPI if any of the accounts have been sold to a DCA they contact them!

Any thoughts please.

Tinks

Hi,

I'm sure the original creditor have in the past bought back the debt from the DCA and offset any PPI refund.

If your not in Scotland where stat barred debts are extinguished, the debt is still due they just can't take you to court for it.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If the loans are with the same bank they could offset, they may not I don't know for sure.

Do you have the paperwork for the other loans, you could find out what your due from the PPI, I take it the PPI was mis-sold.

Makes no odds the age of the loans either, if you don't have the paperwork sending one SAR will get you all the info they have on you for all the loans.

If the loans have been sold on

Then its rare for the oc to buy back and offset

Reclaiming PPI is not admittance of an existing debt

And if they are already sb'd it can't reset the clock either

Get reclaiming!!!!

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have to admit I'd be getting everything together to see how much you would be due, could be a lot more than you think.