Some praise for a bank?

Yukiko
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So,

Seeing as a lot of people on here have a gripe to air to the world, I thought it'd be nice to post a bit of praise.

I've banked with Metro Bank since the spring time and I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Since opening their branch in Cambridge, many Main Stream customers of Barclays/Natwest/Lloyds and TSB have been switching over due to the 12hours opening times, Sunday and Bank holiday opening and the general level of service offered by the staff. I work as a Bus Driver, so the amount of time I spend in the city centre is high. Being a Metro Bank customer gives me a good chance of being given change in whatever denomination that I wish for, so most Bus Drivers now have a Metro Bank account (They'll also make coffee for you if you so wish, which is nice on a cold morning!).

The call centre is good and open 24 hours, unlike Barclays which seem to close at 23:00 unless you pay for your bank account.

I've had to recall a few transactions under the debit card guarantee which has been easy to do and when they were late paying it back to my account, got given £10 for the inconvenience.

I was also given £20 for my ISA account being inaccessible for 48 hours which I thought was pleasant, seeing as I didn't need the money at the time.

The online system is pretty easy to use and the mobile app is getting there, and I just find most of the facilities on all channels easy to use.

So far me and my partner have accounts, and we're known on first name terms in branch by all members of staff. The only downside is that there's no branch at home when I visit my family, but that's soon changing.

All in all, I hope to see many more metro bank stores opening as they're a genuinely reasonable business to deal with from Joe Average's point of view.

• Confused 1