Paying off 3 credit cards, too much financial struggle - any help?

katapigeon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posting this in attempt to try to help my friend who was quite irresponsible with her credit cards. I think they are all with different banks and she says no way for these to be combined into one or for her to get a loan (bad credit rating) to pay them off.

£1000 overdraft on each card so £3000 in total plus monthly interest rates piling up on top of each sum

plus I think there are some late payment fees too or something.

She only can make small payments (meeting the monthly minimum) but it is going on for her for almost 3 years now and because of the interest rates piling up on top of the rest each month, she can't see the light at the end of the tunnel and I am worried for her because of this.

Her health is affected as well as her general mood. I am noticing psychological effects too, she is becoming short tempered with her nearest and dearest (including me as best friend) which is really not like her.

She's got no money for buying presents for family or anyone else, no holidays, nor for new items of clothing or to afford more than 2 drinks somewhere out once or max twice a month and that's pretty much the only time she spends out of her home and workplace, apart from when buying groceries.

She's basically got no life because no money and the paying off seems to be taking painfully long. I know she has some sort of depression symptoms too. The situation is very stressful for her and she cries often, she doesn't tell me but I know this.

Are there any options/solutions to make paying off these overdrafts more manageable? Even if she could put paying off 1 of the cards on hold would be helpful...?

Any hacks/tricks are welcome!

She's got a job working with kids on a self employed basis and paying her NI and taxes but she's not being left with much at all after paying rent, bills (houseshare with others) and travel expenses.

Does a bit of paid extra work in childcare but it's only enough to barely keep her head above the water. In some weeks when the extra childcare not needed, she's got no money for food.

Phone national debt line might be best?

Are all these cards still with banks and not dca.s?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...