Selling products with outstanding Hire Purchase (VERY)

Lee55
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Very account and my wife's uncle asked me if he could purchase a £700 fridge freezer which he then sold without my knowledge for £250.

When I found out I wasnt best happy and he told me it was none of my business so long as I got paid it would be OK

and then asked me if he could order another £1000 worth of stuff which I point blank refused.

Since then he has not been making monthly payments he agreed and making an excuse everytime

but now it is coming upto the end of the 12 months interest free credit period

so I've told him it needs to be paid or I will be placed in a debt I can not afford.

I made sure that I used messenger so that I could get a copy of what he has to say.

To which he said pass on his details to Very and they will collect it from him,

unfortunately I know this is not true because this a personal credit agreement between me and Very

and I am liable but since I knew he had moved address 3 months ago I needed his new address so played along with him.

I asked him for his address and he messaged me back to tell me and gave me his old address from 3 months ago.

As I have said I know that I am personally liable for the debt and am having to borrow money to pay more than he actually made,

what I want to know is can I have him arrested and charged with selling goods that were not paid for

and still have outstanding HP on and also the fact that he was giving me false information in order to dupe myself and Very ?

And what legal channels can I follow to claim this money back

I have also received threatening messages for asking for the money to be paid

Edited by Lee55
spelling and grammar

YOU can't have him arrested but very can investigate. You'll need to supply them with evidence though so they can alert the authorities if they think it necessary.... Which they won't. Theyll just keep chasing you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What a horrible situation to find yourself in.

First off, I would contact Very & explain the whole situation to them & see what they say. (Don't ask you don't know).

Secondly do NOT under any circumstances let anyone other than yourself order from your account. (I've been burnt myself).

Ultimately it could & most likely will be a case, where you will have to pay for the Fridgefreezer. Plus the interest if the interest free period expires.

If Very do say you have to pay up & you are struggling to meet the repayments, then tell them you can only afford £ per month.

Hope you get this sorted. Good luck!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

At the end of the day the goods were purchased by the account holder for another . The account holder will be contractually obliged to pay for that fridge

The police will not be interested as they will say it is a civil complaint. If you do not pay the instalments they will default you and screw your credit rating for 6 years. Vary will not be interested in that the goods have been sold for such a small retail amount.

I am sorry if i am repeating what you have already stated but the simple matter of fact at the end of the day is that you alone are liable for this debt

Could the OP take his Uncle to the small claims court?

If the OP can prove on the balance of probabilities that an agreement existed then yes.

In absence of a written agreement, transaction history showing payments made to the OP from the Uncle would be supporting evidence.

As discussed above, the legal liability towards Very will still be with the OP

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.