Anzac Day terror plot: Blackburn boy sentenced to life

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A 15-year-old British boy who plotted to behead police officers at an Anzac Day parade in Australia has been sentenced to life imprisonment.

The Blackburn teenager will serve at least five years for inciting terrorism and will only be released once he is no longer considered to be dangerous.

He sent thousands of online messages to an alleged Australian jihadist and was planning "a massacre", the court heard.

He is believed to be the youngest Briton guilty of a terror offence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34423984

Sentenced to life .... will serve at least 5 years ?

Did I miss something? Surely life means that.. life ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Surely life means that.. life ?

nope. it usually means at most the term specified, and then usually only around half that..

nope. it usually means at most the term specified, and then usually only around half that..

More complicated than that. It is a life tarriff against a juvenile. They have been given a minimum 5 years sentence, but it says they may not be released, if they are still considered dangerous.

There was some court case about whole life tarriffs, so they now have to state a minimum. There will then have to be yearly assessments after the 5 years.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

More complicated than that. ..

not really. but yes, my post was 'vague'.

and i did say 'usually'.

but, they are usually out (on licence) sooner rather than later.

:)

not really. but yes, my post was 'vague'.

and i did say 'usually'.

but, they are usually out (on licence) sooner rather than later.

:)

I think they stopped reductions in life sentences. The minimum, they have to serve, then they must be assessed as to whether they can be released.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I think they stopped reductions in life sentences. The minimum, they have to serve, then they must be assessed as to whether they can be released.

yes, a minimum. being on licence can be part of that sentence upon assessment. depends on the circumstances, hence the 'usually'.

And what's all this rubbish about can't name them, they named Bulgers murders - Robert Thompson and Jon Venables and they were only 10.

So not named and gets five years. You get more than that for urinating in a shop doorway. Our justice really is stupid and not with it.

And what's all this rubbish about can't name them, they named Bulgers murders - Robert Thompson and Jon Venables and they were only 10.

So not named and gets five years. You get more than that for urinating in a shop doorway. Our justice really is stupid and not with it.

Not named unless the judge allows them to be named (where it is felt in the public interest to do so).

Hasn't got 5 years. Has got life (but as a juvenile) with a 5 year minimum.

So, if as he matures (since he should know right from wrong but "isn't fully cooked yet") : at 20, if he is still a danger : he can be kept imprisoned.

If, at 20, he shows he isn't a risk anymore, which would you prefer : that he is kept imprisoned? Released (and potentially useful to prevent other youngsters going down the same path)?

Hang 'em / birch 'em and lock 'em up (with the ceremonial throwing away of the key) appeals to the Daily Mail reader no doubt.

I accept that there must be a degree of punishment.

I think sentencing should involve a component of deterrence : but is this really a deterrence to those radicalised? Or are there better ways to prevent radicalisation??

For a 15 year old : what is the balance between punishment, deterrence and treatment / rehabilitation?

I think the not naming the lad was a good move, it stops the terrorist group he was part of using him as a martyr.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As far as i am aware this kid from Blackburn was instrumental in radacalising this Australian man to commit murder.

He was radacalised on line by propaganda videos and his own fantasies . He is 15 years of age and still a child

He acted alone and not part of any wider terrorist cell with his own radacalisation

The shooter at the school in Oregon was born in Britain. Are we now producing some weirdos?

We always have done. Humans are killing machines pre programmed to kill if they get into circumstances where they believe it is required. Most animal species will kill for a number of reasons.

If the UK had the same amount of guns in circulation as the US, you would see mass killing events now and again.

If you want to reduce the risk, takes as many guns out of circulation as you can. Bring in better controls in regard to sales, carrying concealed weapons in public, better reporting of people who are of concern and regular inspections by Police of homes where guns are registered.

And how many millions have snice been spent on secret identities for this pair.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.