Daughters parking eye charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys please can you help me with this charge for staying too long on a car park in Preston

The Notice is from Parking eye and it states

On 20 September 2015 vehicle ******* entered the Corporation street retail park at 11:21:43 and departed at 13:04:24 on 20 September 2015.

The signage, which is clearly displayed at the Entrance to and throughout the car park, states this is a private car park and is managed by Parkingeye Ltd, the maximum free stay authorized is 1 hour 20 minutes, along with other terms and conditions set out in the signage.....it goes on and on :(

How do I fight this charge please?

The car park serves 4 largish stores

Akaban...a craft store...I could spend a good hour there at times

Poundland

Poundstretcher and

Aldi

On that day I visited all 4 of the stores....the queue at the Aldi store was pretty busy as well! Plus I walk at a slow pace and use a walking stick but I dont have a blue badge

Have I got a chance of getting this parking charge cancelled for my daughter please?

Do you have your receipts for the day in question?

If so, then a simple appeal from the RK denying liability for the charge and enclosing copies of receipts.

The driver should not be identified.

Do you have your receipts for the day in question?

If so, then a simple appeal from the RK denying liability for the charge and enclosing copies of receipts.

The driver should not be identified.

No sorry didnt keep the receipts :( Paid in cash as well :(

bank statement showing cash withdrawl?

Check with council to see if there are planning restrictions/consents that express parking period as many developments say 2 or 3 hours customer parking as part of PP. In the mannwhile write to all of the stores where you bought stuff complaining about the problem asn ask them to nag the landlord to get the ticket cancelled. tell them that you would like copies of their correspondence as you feel it is vital for the shops to support their customers or they wont be customers for much longer if you can only make a flying visit. Leave them thinking that the matter is of interest to the local press so they respond/react

Use gpeol. There has been no loss. Infact, Aldi made a profit off you parking there as you shopped.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Use gpeol. There has been no loss. Infact, Aldi made a profit off you parking there as you shopped.

Explain please? Oh and I got some rather nice photos of the signs, one hidden behind a bush, another at least 8ft up a pole and one where the print is so small you need to go rigth up to it to read...I will post tomorrow, tonight I am exhausted :(

Well, if the signage is as you state, then that's one appeal that will get this closed. Gpeol makes 2. Then planning permission/contracts can make 3, but parking eye can be crafty with those

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 1 month later...

Just had a letter from Parkingeye that states

The requirements of schedule 4 of the protection of Freedoms act required for the keeper liability have now been satisfied and as a result , we must inform you that in accordance with schedule 4 Parkingeye now has the right to recover any unpaid Parking charge from you, the registered keeper.

This is because either, not in receipt of the correct name and current postal address of the driverand/or no information has been provided or you have identified someone who has denied they were the driver at the time of the parking event or has not responded at the address given. In these instances, as outlined in schedule 4, the registered keeper becomes liable for the parking charge once 29 days pass from the date given(which is presumed to be the second working day after the Date Issued]

We have not had a letter asking for the driver at the time of the parking event! what do we do now please? We c an not risk getting a CCJ in my daughters name as she is applying for a mortgage :(

I'd call PE's bluff. How is it satisfied?