Lowell/Carter Claimform - 3 mobile 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

mitsy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I've just received a "Letter Of Claim" from Bryan Carter solicitors regarding 2 debts,

1 is an old catalogue debt and the other is from Orange.

they have been instructed by Fredrickson international on behalf of our client Lowell Financial regarding a shop direct account/three mobil account, to commence legal action against me in the county court in respect of this debt.

They have given me 14 days to respond or a Claim will be issued against me without further notice.

Both debts are from early 2010 and the last payments where around June 2010.

Shop direct is £477.08 and the Three mobile is £258.49

What's the next step to this,

is there any letters that I should be sending them regarding proof of the debt etc.

Thanks Mitsy

Have you ever CCA'd them? Cabot will likely have no paperwork for the debt, or the debt will be full of charges. Carter wont care. He just wants his money from cabot for filing the claim, then as soon as you file a defence, he will run off.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Send the CCA request now to the DCA dealing with the Shop Direct account. Also send a letter to Carters with a copy of the CCA sent, so they know about it. It might put them off issuing the court claim for now.

Re the Mobile Phone account, if there was any issue of dispute about this debt, you should advise Carters when writing back.

When did you take out the Shop Direct account originally ?

Don't just wait for the court claims to arrive.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Send the CCA and until they fulfil it they cannot go to court. If they try, theyd be stupid. Theyre pretty much relying on your lack of knowledge of what to do as many people have no idea that a CCA even exists.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Just remember a dca or their fake/tame sols

Are not baillifs

And have no such legal powers

Don't get spoofed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Except carter usually always issues a court claim after his threats. He doesnt care if the debt is legit or not, his company are just plain greedy.

I have received the exact same threat from Carter this morning. I will follow the advice given on here. Is Carter likely to issue a claim in court before the 14 days are up & we have had a chance to CCA the debt collectors?, mine is SB [ i think] .

please start a new thread

of you own

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well just got the court papers through the post today for the Three mobile debt

Debt, looks like Carters have totally ignored that I have sent Lowell a CCA request.

Particulars of the claim:

The claim is for £258.49. The amount due under an agreement between the original creditor and the defendant to provide finance/goods/or service.

This debt was assigned to/purchased by Lowell portfolio Ltd. on the 16/12/2011 and noticed served pursuant to the law of property act 1925.

Particularls:- RE- three mobile

And the claimant claims 258.49

I think the debt was for a 3 dongle I had in 2010. I can sort of remember having a right nightmare with it, and numerous phone calls to Three Mobile about it not working properly or getting any signal.

I eventually gave up on it, and was sick off the constant phone calls to put it right.

The total costs with the court and legal fees is now £354.19

What would be the next step guys.

Thanks Mitsy

Carter doesnt care if you sent a request. He just wants his money. Soon as you file a defence or say you are defending the entire claim, he'll run off.

and they

Well just got the court papers through the post today for the Three mobile debt

Debt, looks like Carters have totally ignored that I have sent Lowell a CCA request.

Thanks Mitsy

who said send farter a CCA for a debt not covered the consumer credit act?

that prob why he has done it...thinks you are a muppet and easy prey now.

dx

and they

who said send farter a CCA for a debt not covered the consumer credit act?

that prob why he has done it...thinks you are a muppet and easy prey now.

dx

I sent Lowell the CCA and Carter a covering letter with what I sent. Why is it not covered? and what should I have sent.

Thanks mitsy

can you get that link above done please

and don't forget to ack the claim on the mcol website - defend all

dx

and they

The Shop Direct debt will be regulated by the CCA, but not the 3G mobile service.

Do you have any correspondence relating to the dongle dispute. For how long were you using the service before you gave up on it?

Think it was around 2 months and numerous phone calls, as far as correspondence goes I don't recall any. And don't have any letters.

They did supply the dongle as well as the contract, which was 12mth if I remember correctly.

Any ideas guys on the next steps to take on the Three Mobile claim, Carters haven't replied to the shop direct claim.

I'm not 100% sure but I actually think the dongle was a rolling monthly contract, and didn't add up to nowhere near the price of £258.49

I've just checked my noddle credit report and its seems the debt defaulted on the 19/07/2010 and the default balance was £70

• 3 weeks later...

Carters have still denied that I need the CPR as the believe it will be submitted to the small claims track. Sent them a second letter reminding them it hasn't been allocated yet so the CPR duties are still in effect, I basically got the same letter back.

Any idea where I go from here guys, I need to submit my defence in a few days time.

You need to be reading up on other similar threads, particularly in the successes forum. This response from Carter is standard (which you'll see on just about every Carter related thread) - just file the letters and then refer to them in any future witness statement, thereby showing that you have tried in vain to get the claimant to qualify their claim.

Sham

links in post 14 needs doing or we cant help a scoobies

ignore the carter willy waving

if you read other threads here

you'll see that's a std response

get that link done please

help us to help you

dx

and they

links in post 14 needs doing or we cant help a scoobies

ignore the carter willy waving

if you read other threads here

you'll see that's a std response

get that link done please

help us to help you

dx

Sorry DX I will fill it in as soon as I get on my PC today. The date of issue was the 6th October, so does that mean the defence needs to be in for the 4th Nov